37

"It's Alex."

I said after a while. 

"I figured." Brian gently pushed me a little bit and reached for the box of tissue and hand it to me.

I took a few, wiped my tears, and blew my nose.

"But what happened?" He asked bowing his head to meet my eyes.

"I saw her downstairs with Daniel, you know, the actor guy that she's... she's dating, I guess." I wanted to say, the guy who is her fuckbuddy but I stopped myself.

"And again here, next to your room. They came out together and... They are happy and laughing and I was..." 

I started crying again.

"Shhhhh..." Brian trying to hush me.

"You're gonna be okay, Cara. I know you're gonna be okay." He said while I cry in his chest. He put his head on top of mine and had his arm on my shoulder and his hand rubbing my arm.

"Shhhhhh... You'll be okay." He kissed the top of my head trying to comfort me.

We stayed in that position for a while till I stop crying.

"Would you like to lie down and sleep?" Brian asked.

"Where would you sleep?" 

"I'm not gonna sleep, I'm actually... starving. So you sleep here, I will go down and have something to eat."

I felt ashamed when I heard him say that he was starving, I must've taken much of his time.

I remember he asked me to go down with him after we settle in the room, he must've wanted to grab some food. Poor guy, he drove for hours and now I am using him as my shoulder to cry on.

"Come on." I stood up, took his hand, and try to pull him.

"What?" He asked confuse.

"Let's go down and eat."

"But I thought, you wanted to sleep."

"No, I didn't. You told me to sleep." I told him forcing a smile.

He smiled back and obeyed me. He held my hand tightly and pull me out of the room.

It was already 9 in the morning, and the restaurant in the hotel was full of people having breakfast. 

I saw Lisa and Tom waving at me in the corner, I waved back and Lisa winked seeing I am with Brian.

I think half of the people here stopped and looked at us for 2 seconds before continuing with their food.

"Get used to it already." Brian leaned over to me and whispered in my ear. He still has my hand in him.

We were approaching the buffet table when I saw Alex and Daniel again. They were seated at the far end corner of the restaurant, which was a little bit close to the buffet table.

Daniel was whispering something in her ear while smiling, while Alex was also smiling but her eyes were fixated on me, then diverted to our hands. The smile on her face faded away and I swear I saw her jaw clenched for a second.

But at the same second, she moved her face closer to Daniel's till their cheeks were touching and she let out that alluring smile that I haven't seen before but with her eyes still on me.

It was like, she was seducing me or something but in a hurtful way.

Brian noticed where my eyes were and immediately get my attention.

"Stop staring." He whispered and squeezed my hand.

"What?"

"I said, stop staring."