6

I thought of refusing her but I know I wouldn't win. 

So, I told her what I was doing and in no time we finish them all.

It was very quick as she know all the contracts and right away she saw the differences. Somehow, I was glad I let her help me.

"Ok, so shall we have dinner?"

I thought of declining her as I was not comfortable being near her but not in a bad way.

Even I was busy with what I was doing, my body is fully aware that she was just inches apart from me as we were sharing my table and god knows how much I tried to refocus every time our elbows touched.

Her scent was intoxicating, so feminine yet so distinct, like when you smell it, you know already who owns it.

"Cara? Let's go, I'm starving." 

I organize my stuff before following her to the elevator.

"Should I follow you? Or you can give me the location and I'll meet you there." 

Alex press the B1 button and looked at me.

"What are you talking about?" She asked me confused.

I pressed the B2 button and answered her.

"Convoy." I told her plainly.

"Mmm-mmm, I don't do convoy. You're riding with me."

"But I have my car here!" I reasoned to her.

"Yeah, so? You leave your car here , nobody will steal it."

"I'm not saying somebody will steal it, I'm saying that I need my car for tomorrow's transportation." I am starting to get irritated and I know it sounded in my voice.

"It's okay, I'll pick you up tomorrow. Anyway, I'll drop you off to your place after dinner so I'll know where you live." She said casually, like we've been doing this for so long and I should be comfortable with it.

The elevator opens and she stepped out, I was still standing inside, confused.

She hold the door to keep it from closing.

"Cara!" She called on me.

When I didn't move, she grabbed my hand and literally pulled me out of the elevator.

"Alex!"

"Cara!"

We both said our name at the same time.

"It's not a big deal, Cara, ok?"

"But..."

"Please, I am really starving, I told you I didn't have lunch today,"

Her eyes softened saying that, it's like she was begging me.

I gave up and just followed her.

"Fine!" I muttered under my breath.

Alex smiled in victory. She was still holding my hand, guiding me where her car is.

If you would see us, you'd think we already know each other for a long time.

She opened the back seat of her Red Cadillac Lyriq and put her stuff in, then she took mine and put it there as well.

She opened the passenger seat for me and gestured to get in then she turned to the other side.

Her distinct scent was all over her car, you can still smell the leather seat but her scent dominates it.

"You ready?" She starts the car and looked at me before driving away from the parking.