59

I still can't believe Brian has a sister. 

After the call with Alex, I called Claire and asked her to come over. I wonder if she knew about it. Also, I am missing Brian, I haven't seen him all week and I was hoping Claire was still in touch with him.

I took a quick shower and ordered in, Claire and I will have dinner here in my place.

An hour passed, I heard my doorbell ringing.

Claire was holding the food bag, showing it to me as I opened the door.

"I saw the delivery guy downstairs." She said.

I hugged her and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"How are you?" I closed the door and followed Claire to my kitchen.

"Oh, you know, busy at work, met a guy and we're going on a second date next week." She said nonchalantly.

"You met a guy?" I said in a high-pitched voice.

"Ow! Yes, I did." Claire overreacted with her index fingers covering her ears. 

"Where did you meet him?" I started fixing the table for us as she pulled out the food from the bag.

"On Tinder."

My mouth hung open, looking at her in disbelief.

"No, you didn't!"

"Oh yes, I did. I know what I said about dating apps, how it is so tacky and people use them to just basically hook up but apparently, I was wrong."

I stared at her intently. She hates dating apps and would grimace if one of our friends were using them, but look at her now.

"Don't give me that look, Cara. Not all of us are blessed with effortless beauty and a body to die for."

I raised my eyebrows at her.

"Okay, it came out wrong. What I mean is, that some people need a little push to find their Mr. Right or Ms. Right. And... Maybe I got bored one night and just out of curiosity, downloaded the app." She said not looking at me.

"Just so you know, I'm not judging." I told her.

"I know."

"Okay, so tell me about this guy." I said clearing the air.

"Well, his name is Andrew, he's an investment banker... I know," She rolled her eyes. "He has a boring job but surprisingly, he was fun and a really funny guy." 

Claire went on and on about this guy and I could tell she was into him. I can see how her face brightens just with her telling me about him.

Our food finished with her still not done talking about Andrew.

"So, on Tuesday, we're going out again."

Finally!

Not that I'm not interested and happy that my friend is dating, but it's just too much information for just one date, I mean, how much information can you learn about a person on the first date? What more are they gonna talk about on Tuesday?

"That's... great, Claire. I mean, I always thought and hoped that maybe, I don't know, you and Brian would end up together."

Her face turned sour.

"That guy has all his love just for you, babe." Claire starts cleaning the table, throwing out the food containers back into the bag.

"Did you like him?" My curiosity kicks in. The way she said that sentence, there was a bit of bitterness, an innocent and harmless one, I'm sure.