19

I definitely enjoyed my time with Alex. Her being injured I think made us closer. 

It is Friday today, Alex can walk on her own now and didn't need any assistance, though she's still limping a little bit. But until yesterday, I was sleeping in her place, and the kiss didn't happen again which I was disappointed a little bit but the bonding was great.

She was fun to be with and every time we are in the office, she will sneak a glance and wink at me. 

There are still whispers in the building as people see us coming and leaving the office at the same time but Alex didn't care, if she didn't care, why would I?

Brian also noticed it but chose not to raise any questions, well, at least not to me.

"Hey, stranger!" I was in the copy room when Alex hangs her head at the door. I smiled at her and raised my eyebrows.

"So, I was asked by my cousin why we were always together for the past couple of days." She let herself in and closed the door behind her.

"Cousin?"

"Oh yeah, my cousin is the CFO in the accounting department, yay high, bald, always smiling? Ring a bell?"

"I know the CFO of the company, I just didn't know you were cousins."

"Ok, so anyway, I told him I needed an intern for a specific project that I am currently working on."

I took all the printed documents and placed them in a folder before putting another batch to recopy.

"Okay? I thought you don't care what people think about it?"

"Yes, I don't. But he asked, nobody ask me, not even Brian, so, that's what I told him. I just figured to let you know in case somebody asks you."

"So, is this conspiracy?" I huffed.

Alex laughed at that. She leaned her back against the door and had her arms crossed in her chest.

"Well, you seem not comfortable with our relationship so I thought, that lie will help you, you know, In case your friends here ask you."

True, Lisa and Tom had asked me yesterday about Alex and I just told them that I was helping her with something, didn't elaborate on it, and ditched the conversation. Even to David, I told him the same thing.

I guess it helped when Alex asked him about needing an intern to work on something, so what I told them was believable.

"Relationship?" I gathered all my documents and met her gaze.

She smirked at me before crossing the distance between us. I seem to swallow an imaginary lump in my throat when our bodies were just inches apart.

Alex was visibly playing her tongue inside her mouth then lightly caressed her lower lip before finally giving it a bite while gazing at me. I bit the inside of my cheeks when I felt my chest suddenly pounding so loud. 

Alex leaned closer till her lips met mine, I felt my body tense and for a couple of seconds, I wasn't able to move. The folder that I was holding became the source of my strength as I was holding it tight against my chest. She closed her eyes and her fingers seductively ran along both my arms till they reached my shoulder.

Alex pulled herself away from me before I could even react. It was a brief kiss and I didn't even have the chance to kiss her back.

"You are my non-friend." Alex said before she disappears.

I was left in the room frozen. 

Even if it was a brief kiss, I felt what like is a million volts that came rushing through me. My heart flutters and almost explode inside my chest, the tingling in my stomach, and the heat I felt in between my legs were enough for my feet to seem to be glued to the floor.