58

"You're related to Brian?" I exclaimed, doubting the girl in front of me. She must be messing around and thought she could fool me.

"So, are you gonna get dressed or...?" She completely ignored my question.

"How are you related to Brian?" 

"He's my brother, okay? So, how about you shower and get dressed, I made reservations."

"Brother? Hah! He's an only child!" I knew this girl was full of bull.

"Ouch! Was that what he told people? I'm hurt!"

Well, I don't really remember we talked about him being an only child, but if he ever had any siblings, he would've mentioned it, right? I mean, we were friends in college, we talked almost every day, I would know if he had a sister.

"He never mentioned anything about having a sister, I would know, we were very close during college, well, up to now."

I guess?

Boredom is very visible in Audrey's face. Like this conversation and the topic is irrelevant for her.

"Can you just fix yourself? I'll tell you all about it over dinner. I told you I made reservations." She said throwing her head to the back of my couch.

Dinner?

"Didn't you say coffee? I agreed for a coffee, not for an entire meal."

"Oh my god!!!" Audrey groaned.

But before she could say anything more, my phone which was on the center table rang. 

"Who is your Boss, really? Was it Al?"

Audrey, who was now leaning over my center table asked.

"None of your business!" I snatched my phone and went to my room, I closed the door before answering the call.

"Hey!" I greeted her.

"Hi!" I could hear the weakness in her voice.

"How do you feel?" I asked her worried.

"Hungry." She chuckled. "Weak but okay, how are you? How was the get-together last night?"

I leaned my back behind my door before speaking.

"It's fine I guess, I mean, I left early so I don't really know how it went." I joked. "Will you be here on Monday?" 

"I don't know yet, have to go back to my Doctor tomorrow and see if she'll let me travel. Did you-"

"Cara! Let's go!" 

We were interrupted by a loud banging on my door and Audrey's screaming on the other side.

"Who was that?" I heard Alex asking.

"Oh, It's umm... It's one of the interns." I was planning to lie but thought it wouldn't come out right.

"Interns? Did she spend the night there?"

"What? No!" I answered almost immediately.

"Then, what is she doing there?" There was a hint of curiosity and annoyance in Alex's voice. Can't blame her, I was annoyed too.

"We're actually gonna have coffee but I completely forgot about it, she came here to pick me up."

"Ohh."

There was silence for about 30 seconds before she broke it.

"Anyway, go. I'll text you later."

"Alex?"