29

"Come on, Cara." Alex was standing in front of my table.

I looked around seeing my colleagues looking at us.

"Can you, umm... Can you just text me the location and I'll follow you there, Ms. Williams?"

Alex's brow raised hearing what I called her.

"I will drive us there." She said firmly.

"I just need to finish this few..."

"It's okay Cara." David came rushing to my table and interrupted me.

"Tom can do that. You go with Alexandra. Tom! Go get these documents from Cara." He continued.

Tom hurriedly went to my table and gather the documents. 

Everything happened so fast that I'm not even sure what to do next.

"Let's go!" I heard Alex say.

Oh yeah, I need to go with her.

I gathered my stuff feeling like I'd been taken against my will.

Well, it kinda is, though I can't hide the feeling that I am also curious as to what she wants to say to me.

And I miss her.

I let Alex walk before me, as I pass my colleagues, curious eyes followed us. 

As we rode the elevator, silence enveloped us. 

I wanted to ask her where she will take me but chose not to, I'll just wait till we reach our destination.

When we approached her car, she took my bag and threw it in the backseat along with hers and even open the car door for me.

The ride was silent as well. But as time passed by, I started recognizing the road. This is the way to her place.

"Are you taking me home? I mean... at your place?" I asked her.

"Yeah."

"Why there?" I expected we are going to a restaurant or a coffee shop, not her place.

Alex threw me a look before focusing on the road again.

"It's the only place we can have privacy, also... I have a terrible headache so..."

"Why didn't you let me drive?" I remember she was not feeling well today.

"It's okay, the drive is not that long." She looked at my side again and smiled weakly.

"By the way, what happened to your hands?" She asked.

I looked at my hands before answering her.

"Umm, nothing." How can I tell her that partly, it was because of her?

She nodded and kept quiet.

I took this time to watch her closely. I couldn't see her eyes because her side was facing me but even from here, I can see her cheeks puffed out, it was like she did not eat for a few days and lost weight.

I can tell she has bags under her eyes like she did not sleep well for the past few days. And I just noticed she was not wearing makeup.

Well, she was sick so why would she put makeup on?

It's only been days I did not see her but looking at her right now felt like it was months. 

What happened to her? It's like her whole body fell.

"Are you okay?" Worries started to creep up on me.

She smiled weakly again but not turning her face to look at me.