5

I was distracted all morning up to this time thinking about what happened earlier and some of my colleagues noticed that.

"Are you okay, Cara?" Joan asked me, she was one of the executives.

"Y-Yeah, of course." I answered her. Not even myself was convinced on that.

Alex left her office twice in the morning just to go to the bathroom and every time she does, she wasn't even looking at me and it somehow pisses me off.

Why wouldn't she look at me? Wasn't she just joking with me earlier.

Why are you overthinking this? A part of my mind questioned me. 

Because...

I thought we had a moment earlier and, you know...

Oh my god, I'm going nuts talking to myself.

I stood up and walked towards the elevator, I need fresh air. 

As soon as the elevator door opens, I went inside, press the 10th floor and leaned my back against the wall of the elevator and shut my eyes.

"Hold it!" 

I immediately opened my eyes hearing that voice.

Alex.

She was running towards the elevator while I just stood there looking at her.

She managed to block the elevator door with her hand before it closes.

As soon as she enters, she faced me.

"I told you to hold it." She snorted.

"I-I'm sorry." All I could muster to tell her.

Not long when the elevator opens, she walk past me and hurriedly went to the table at the corner side of the open area where there is a man waiting for her.

My eyes followed her as she seated across the man in suit. She was smiling while talking to him, she looks happy, he must be her new boyfriend.

I felt a pinch in my chest when I thought about that.

What the hell was that?

I looked away as I didn't like what I saw and how it feels.

It's almost lunch time, the place will be full in no time. I wanted to buy something, eat something but I don't have the appetite. I went to one of the carts and ordered a smoothie.

My eyes flew to where Alex is and caught her already looking at me.

I couldn't read her face, she was just staring at me while the man across her was talking.

I looked away and turned my back as I don't know if I should smile at her or just nod.

I took my drink and went back to where I was seated.

Not long, the staff started to come.

"Cara! Hi!" It was David. He's walking towards me while waving his hand and carrying a tray on the other.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" He asked politely.

"Oh, no. Please, have a sit." 

He put his tray down and looked at me again.

"You're not gonna eat? You want me to get you something?"

He's sweet, he's also handsome, really good looking guy and I can tell from his shirt, he works out. 

"No, I'm fine. I don't feel like eating." I told him.

"Are you sure? I think I saw little muffins over there, I'll go get you some." He was about to stand up but I stopped him.