68

"Oh my god! Alex! Alex!"

I jolted awake to the sound of Alex's body convulsing violently beside me. Panic surged through me as I saw her in the grip of a seizure.

"Annie!!!!!"

I yelled, my voice cracking with fear and urgency.

Adrenaline coursed through my veins as I scrambled to reach her, my hands shaking as I tried to think what to do in this terrifying moment. Time seemed to slow to a crawl as I watched helplessly, feeling utterly powerless in the face of her distress.

Frantically, I called out for Annie again, praying for her swift arrival. Each passing second felt like an eternity as I held onto Alex, my heart hammering in my chest.

Finally, Annie burst into the room, her eyes wide with alarm as she rushed to our side.

"Call 911!" 

Annie's voice cut through the chaos, clear and commanding. Her urgency driving me into action.

With trembling hands, I fumbled for my phone, dialing the emergency number as quickly as I could. Each digit seemed to take an eternity to press as I struggled to keep my composure.

"911, what's your emergency?" the voice on the other end asked, cutting through the panic like a lifeline.

"My... My... My girlfriend, she's... she is having a seizure," I stuttered, my words tumbling over each other. "We need help, please hurry!"

As I relayed our location and the situation to the dispatcher, Annie continued to assist Alex, her calm presence a beacon of reassurance in the midst of the storm.

Minutes felt like hours as we waited for help to arrive, every second stretching out agonizingly long. But through it all, Annie remained steadfast at Alex's side, providing the support and care she so desperately needed.

Finally, the sound of sirens pierced the air, signaling the arrival of the paramedics. With their expert care, Alex was swiftly transported to the ambulance, leaving behind a whirlwind of emotions in their wake.

As I hurriedly grabbed my coat to cover myself, my anxiety gnawed at my insides, twisting into knots as I prepared to accompany Alex to the hospital. 

As I climbed up my car and prepared to drive to follow the ambulance, with trembling hands, I reached for my phone, the weight of responsibility settling heavily upon me. 

Dialing Alex's parents, I struggled to find the words to convey the gravity of the situation. 

My heart ached with the weight of the news I had to deliver, knowing the worry and fear it would undoubtedly stir within them.

"Hello?" Alex's mother's voice quivered on the other end, a mixture of anticipation and dread lacing her words.

"Agatha, i-it's me." I began, my voice catching in my throat as I fought to keep my composure. "Alex... she had a... a seizure. We're on our way to the hospital now."

As I delivered the news, the weight of Alex's mother's anguish echoed through the phone line, her sobs a heartbreaking symphony of fear and despair. 

Each sob felt like a dagger to my own heart, make it ache even more. It felt like I was drowning in helplessness, but I knew I had to keep it together. We had to be strong for Alex.

As I parked my car, I rushed into the hospital, it felt like everything was moving too fast. There were people everywhere, all in a hurry.

My stomach was twisted up with worry as I made my way through the crowded hallways.

I approached the nurses manning the reception area.

"There was a woman brought here by the ambulance, her name is..."

"Ms. Cara!" I was interrupted hearing the voice of Annie.

I ran to her direction.

"Where is she? Where's Alex?" 

She pointed to a room filled with nurses and a doctor, the chaos echoing from within, sent shivers down my spine. 

I wanted nothing more than to rush inside, to hold Alex's hand and tell her everything would be okay but Annie's strong hands held me back, her grip firm and unyielding.

Inside the room, the doctors and nurses were in a frenzy, working tirelessly to revive Alex. I could see them moving quickly, their voices urgent as they called out instructions to each other.

The doctor held a defibrillator in hand, ready to shock Alex's heart back into rhythm. Nurses bustled around, administering medication and monitoring her vital signs.

"Alex!" I cried.

"Alex!" I ran to the window where Alex is. As soon as the nurse saw me, she looked at me empathetically and closed the curtain.

"No! Please! Alex!" I yelled as I cried her name. Annie's arms wrapped around me, giving me comfort.

Unable to see what was happening inside, my mind conjured up the worst-case scenarios, each imagined scenario more terrifying than the last. Every muffled sound from beyond the curtain sent a fresh wave of anxiety coursing through me, heightening the sense of dread that gripped my heart.

As I stood there, my heart heavy with fear and uncertainty, I clung to the fragile thread of hope, praying with every fiber of my being that the closed curtain was not a harbinger of tragedy, but rather a shield protecting Alex as the medical team fought to bring her back to me.

Every passing moment felt like an eternity as I waited for the doctor to emerge from the room, my heart pounding with anxiety.

Time seemed to stretch on endlessly, the silence of the waiting room echoing the turmoil raging within me. I paced back and forth, unable to sit still, my thoughts consumed by fear for Alex's well-being.

The room suddenly fell silent. It was as if the world had come to a standstill, and the absence of noise felt deafening in its intensity.

The sound of footsteps approaching pulled me from my reverie, and I turned to see the doctor stepping out from the room.

My breath caught in my throat as I searched his face for any sign of hope or despair.

As the doctor's gaze met mine, I braced myself for the worst, steeling my resolve for whatever news they were about to deliver. In that moment, the weight of the world seemed to hang in the balance, the outcome of Alex's fate uncertain and terrifying.

"Doctor..."

__________________________________

Hello, my lovely and funny readers, I set up a ko-fi account, so if you want to treat me, send me a gift, or simply motivate me, please feel free to visit my page: Ko-fi.com/lunamarcelo :)

Follow me on IG as well: LunaMarcel0

Thank youuuu for always supporting my work, I'm reading all your comments and I love how invested you are in the story :)