9

The days had pass and completed a week in the company.

Alex and I didn't have any encounters anymore. After that incident with the food, she didn't even threw me a single look, which I guess was fine with me?

Well, I'm not sure. Her not looking at me even just one hurt me a little bit. I know, I know, I shouldn't be but for the two days that we were "close" she was giving me all these feelings, feelings that I don't even know what to deal with.

And then now, she was giving me the cold shoulder because I didn't eat the breakfast that she bought for me? What is she, my girlfriend?

My girlfriend.

That sounds... nice.

I immediately shook that thought. It's Sunday afternoon and I am with my college friends here in the Starbucks nearby.

"You are so deep in your thoughts, Cara." Michelle said. She was sitting beside me, across us are Claire and Rose.

"What? No. Just, I just remember something. What are we talking about?" I tried to sound like I was interested.

Claire laughed at that. Among the three, I was close more to Claire, maybe because we shared the dorm back in college and she knows and could sense if I was faking something or not.

I looked at her and mouthed shut up.

"I said, Brian is moving back to the city, you remember Brian, Cara?" Michelle with her teasing voice.

I glared at all three of them and sipped in my coffee.

Brian was a senior when we were freshmen back in college. He's very handsome, every girl's dream they said. A guy with looks and money, every girl in our campus was throwing themselves at him but he was a true gentleman, he never took advantage of those girls. He just study, played basketball and enjoyed his college days.

I met him at the university's library. I love to read, every chance I get, I will open a book and be lost on my own world. I would even go to the library on my free time and borrow some books.

Nerd, right?

I was carrying, I think 12 books at one time back to where I was seated and there were kids that was playing around despite of the librarian reprimanding them couple of times already, the other kid accidentally bumped in to me while he was trying to catch the paper ball that his friend threw at him and it causes me to loose my balance, but before my body hit the floor, a very strong arm prevented it.

After that incident, we became friends.

Few months of our friendship, he admitted to me that he has feelings for me and wanted to ask me out.

I remember when the news spread to the campus that Brian, the most wanted guy and every girls dream was courting me, most of them envied me, some threw hatred looks, judging me and saying I was not even that pretty and Brain don't deserve me, something like that.

Even if I told him several times that I don't have time to have a boyfriend, that I want to focus on my studies, he didn't stop. He was persistent and was always there even if I don't need him or ask for him. My friends were telling me how I stupid I was for not dating him.

I was a freshman, have so many issues at home and all I want was to focus in school, was it a crime if I didn't want to have a boyfriend back then?

I didn't care if Brian was the prince charming of every girl in the campus, I was not ready.

Though Brian still tried to court me for almost a year, I maintained a good friendship with him even before he flew abroad with his parents right after his graduation.

I remembered in his graduation day, I attended it with Claire. We were so proud of him. And right after the ceremony he came up to me and told me that his parents wants to take him abroad to train him to manage their businesses but if I will give him the reason to stay, he will stay.

His face was so serious, looking at me lovingly and hoping I would give him what he needs but I just couldn't.

He left with his heart shattered as I couldn't reciprocate his feelings.

"You're zoning out again." It was Rose.

"Uh.. No, I was not. So, Brian is coming back, that's great." Again, I tried to sound like I was interested.

"Didn't you two keep contact?" Rose asked.

"I think Sophomore to Junior year? We both are busy so we eventually lost contact."

Liar. My mind shouted.

Brian kept contacting me even after I graduated but I decided not to return his messages and was even reasoned to him that I was so busy with school and other activities.

We finished our afternoon with Michelle shopping in every boutique we passed by.

Michelle and Rose left before us, it was just me and Claire.

"Can you drop me home?" Michelle asked.

"Where's your car?"

"In the service, I took a cab to come here."

We walked to the parking lot both of us not saying anything. I know she wanted to ask me about Brian but contemplating if she should or not.

"Do you really not feel anything for Brian?" Claire burst as soon as we climb up the car.

I start the car and warmed it up before looking at her side.

"You know that already, why do you still asking me?" I told her with bit irritation in my tone.

Claire ignored that and just continue.

"I know he kept contacting you, he told me. Well, he asked me about you when you stopped returning any of his messages and calls."

"I didn't know you were best friends now." I said sarcastically.

The whole drive to Claire's apartment, all we talked about was Brian. How he is coming back and if I was planning to meet him or at least say hi once he's back.

As soon as I reached my apartment, I threw my body in the shower, I felt exhausted not with following Michelle boutique after boutique but with the conversation with Claire about Brian.

Ever since he started pursuing me, those three were pushing me to date him like I will be missing a lot if I don't. It was no effect to them even if I told them repeatedly that my focus was to study and not date.

And now, Claire was like, You're not studying anymore, Cara. Give the guy a chance.

Tomorrow is Monday, I was already laying in my bed trying to shut my mind thinking about what happened today when another figure was peeking my mind.

Alexandra Williams.

Would she talk to me tomorrow? Or just, I don't know, give me just one glance?

It got me thinking, there is this guy, almost to perfection who was head over heels with me but I never felt anything like what I felt whenever Alex was with me. Or even when she was just looking at me, how she makes me nervous, how she make my heart skip a beat with just a single touch in my skin.

Is something wrong with me?

Those are my thoughts before I drifted to sleep.