Part 7

"Here are the new Berrylane orders, and the ones with bad handwritten sticky notes are Phil's last minute changes. They called him changing everything for the Tuesday shipment!" Martha quickly spoke, and didn't bother to place the folders directly on my hands; they slid across the desk, flopped onto my lap, and then crashed on the floor.

"Martha, the -," she was long gone by the time I looked up. Without another thought I began to try and figure out where each order went and also what sticky note was supposed to be attached to it.

Monday was going a lot slower than it should, and it was because I was focusing on the brunch Mr. Wallis and I had a day ago. To say the least; it helped. I trusted him, in fact, I knew I could. Out of all his sons, Kurt never failed to mention Mathew's reliability.

Reliable, trusting, a bit of a cold wit ass who was incredibly goal oriented, but not evil. That man was honesty in its coldest form. I thought to myself. Mathew meant it when he said he'd help push me.

The breeze from my window reminded me that I've been sitting crisscross on the floor holding sticky notes.

"Hey, Alexis," I shout over as I hear her type away in her cubicle.

"What is it, Hon?!"

"I'll go pick up the coffee."

..............

Things are about to get bumpy pretty soon, hang in there