Part 23 (Peter's POV)

"Thank you for allowing me in, Miss Kett. I was, ah, I wasn't sure if you would see me." I said, and smiled at whom I presumed was Miss Lania Kett. Her round brown eyes sparkled, and her lips were curled in such a way that sent shivers down my spin. What had shocked me the most was, well, her wedding ring...and her belly.

She is pregnant?! I lower my gaze, and a toddler is at her heels. Two?!

She laughed then signaled me to have a seat while she picked up her daughter.

"I haven't been a Kett for a while. My name is Felicia Clair, Lani's sister."

"Oh." I clear my throat. "Thank heavens, I was a bit thrown off by your, ehm, state." My eyes glare at both her child, and ring. I knew my father had mentioned Lania to have a sister, though it was a bit overwhelming just how alike they appeared, though I've only seen one photograph, they were almost identical.

"Yo-you, ah, look quite an awful lot like Miss Lania." I say, doing my part, praying Jack, or Mathew would appear out the bloody blue, and save me. I despise awkward moments, they capture me, then freeze me, then have me struggling with my words like an idiot.

"She doesn't think so. Oh, would you like me to call her? I kind of am waiting for her, too." She pulled out her phone, then began to wait for it to ring. "You said you were a friend of hers, right Peter? What's your last name?"

"Wallis."

"W-ah,... okay."

She spoke with Lania briefly, then streched her arm to have a better look at her phone.

"Did she just hang up on me?!"

"Who?" A young girl who without a doubt had to be a sister of their asked while running downstairs, followed by another little girl. Joan, and Mary, yes?

"Lani. She sounded ticked off." Felicia replied after putting away her phone.

"She's out walking." The youngest Kett blurted out.

"Well, she did say today she had nothing to do because of a freebie. Something like that." Mary mentioned while creeping to the kitchen. Joan nodded, then both girls disappeared from sight.

"Hmm. Okay." Felicia bounced the baby on her lap, then yelled out for them to stay away from the sweets.

"I-I do hope I am not a bother or anything, Miss Clair."

"Lani? Oh, nah. She is probably just looking at trees, or talking to inanimate objects, ha, ha, ha. Her walks need to be interrupted."

I deeply wanted to ask if whether she, Felicia, had already met my brother, but just as I was parting my lips, a lady starts hollering.

"You practically insult me till I agree for a break, then you willy-ninny show up without warning? I was just begining to enjoy my quiet day till..."

She continues bickering with whom I believe she thinks is my dear brother. Somehow, having a young lady scold me doesn't make me stand up for myself at all. My oak eyes dart to Felicia, and she lifts her hand to speak, but quickly I feel Lania walk, then stand right behind me, asking, "You know what I want to do?!"

Lord, you almighty man, please protect me in this gran hour. Don't let her ring my ears!

And what does this devil woman do? She takes my burning ears, and wiggles them about till my entire face had flushed into pink blotches. The next she askes is the obvious: who was I.