Part 13

Everything was going pretty much as I had hoped; the girls were butting in on Mathew's little skin contacts constantly. Sometimes I'd catch a glimpse of him with a flushed expression on his face. He was getting irrated and I was loving it. That's what you get for always making me feel akward, you and your stone ass-cheeks!

"I'm going to bury Joan!" Mary ran off leaving me to soak in some sun on my own. I peeked to my right, then to my left, yes, no sign of that tyrant anywhere. As I drifted into a warm, little nap, I was flipped over by some strong set of hands. Oh, I know those hands!

"Math- Mr. Wallis!" I screamed, knowing he didn't like me calling him by his last name.

"Give me your hand." He demanded again! I blinked a couple times with my mouth gapping open.

"A-are you still on about that? No!" Quickly I stood up on my own and caused a sand storm as I marched my butt into the water. He trailed after me silently, then once we were shoulders in, he pulled me in by the waist. "Ah! Hey!"

He turned me around, plucked my hand from the water, and kissed it right in the palm. Was it possible to turn an entire ocean into a jacuzzi, because that's what he just did.

I was on fire.

"Ah-wha-why." Mummbling stupidly for something, he cut in on my rambling.

"I've been trying to say I was sorry," His hand on my waist twitched, "sorry for getting distracted while driving, love."

Slowly he let go of my hand, then of me entirely. I didn't know if this was real, or part of his act to make me all giddy inside. Somewhere I wanted this to be what he actually felt, and wanted to do. But I couldn't believe in any of it like how I wanted. His voice was too sweet, too soft, too deep, so unlike what I knew he was like.

This wasn't what Kurt described at all. Mathew isn't a romantic.

"For almost killing my sisters and I, you mean." I corrected, killing the mood while his eyelids drooped in defeat.

Eh, well, neither was I.