Part 29 (Peter's POV)

I do wonder why it still causes my nerves to scatter around my belly every time my brothers start their daily battles of who is in charge; the strongest, or the smartest?

They both would have done away with one another if it hadn't been for mother's last wish of peace among her children. I sigh again, loudly, hoping it would draw some attention away from the arguement.

"Go to sleep if you're tired, Peter." Mathew responded as he stood eye to eye with Jack.

Oh, great, I mentally moaned as Jack had his infamous grin light up Mathew's gloom.

He is about to say something outrageous.

"Ho, ho, ho...you like the little Miss, don't you?" Jack said.

My eyes shoot up, and quickly I poke my neck further into their thick atmosphere only to see Mathew's reaction; placid as an afternoon stroll -one where you get killed at in the end.

This wasn't good. Something was telling me to run for the hills, or even cower down at the amount of negative poison I was surrounded by, though it was a bit of a comical idea to believe Mathew would be genuinely interested in a simple girl. Oh, not that Lania isn't a pleasure to be with...but, sometimes she was, uhm....

I rub my wrist. She did have quite the grip. Looking down, I recall from earlier just how nervous she had gotten once we reached my room.

"So...there it is." Lania said while I quietly closed the door so not to have my brothers know I had returned. Honestly it was because I felt odd having to be alone with another woman that wasn't my girlfriend, Jean, and also having to be away from my brothers. I turned around and saw Miss Kett eyeing the bed while her hands became logs at her side.

"May I ask -not to be such a pest about it, you do not have to answer at all...but, you have never been with a man before -dating, I mean." I ask.

She gave a half-serious groan, and nodded, saying, "Could it be that noticeable?"

Smiling, I took slid off my shoes, and then turned on the TV. "Well, it might surprise you, but barely last year I had started dating also. I can relate...it is nerve wrecking at first. I-I believe I am still a tad clueless still."

"I know, you're father mentioned it." She muttered, then smiled back, then asked, "How's that going, with Jean, right?"

My lips parted, trying to be as sweet as I could about Jean, while the other part of me wanted to be honest.

"I feel, I mean...I lo-"

"Peter?! Did you drop something?" Mathew asked, snapping me back into present time.

"Huh-wha..what? No, nothing." I answered, then shook my head to focus on their voices.

"Baby Boy, tell our dear ass-of-a-brother that we all have to tutor the lady." Jack glared at me while his arm stayed pointed at Mathew, he then snapped his head to him saying, "what are you fearing, hmm?"

"As if I had ever been afraid of you." Mathew rolled his eyes.

"Then why have her a day sooner? Can't be away too long from Miss Kett?" Jack smoothly asked.

"I'll like to ruin her day."

Well, I wasn't expecting such a honest reply!

With my jaw swinging open, I went back and forth between the two. Jack had an even bigger grin, and Mathew still adorned that sleepy-sod-off expression we all grew to love and hate.

"Hmm," Jack rubbed his chin, then replied. "I must say, you either like her quite an awful lot, or you are bored out of your mind."

The latter, I'm sure.

"Just give me tomorrow, and you can have two days in a row with that child."

Now why am I suddenly offended? My cheeks become puffy. Lania didn't seem like someone who deserved to be set aside as if she were a mere toddler.

I suppose we both related well, we were treated like children by these two. Rolling my eyes, I walked away to my room, not caring whether or not Mathew got his way. I was tired, and suddenly had an urge to fall never open my eyes till this trip was over.

Halfway into crawling over the sheets of my bed, the hotel phone rang. Groaning, I slouched all the way to the desk, then picked it up. The receptionist clearly said what I had been dreading since leaving home.

"Mr. Peter Wallis? Uh, yes, you have a call from a Miss Jean Nora, would you like me to transfer it?"

No.

"Y-yes, please. Thank you."

Please be sweet. Please be soft. I repeat as I hear her angelic voice.

"WHERE IN ALL HEAVEN ARE YOU RIGHT NOW, PETAHHH?!!"