Part 34

After giving into the whole idea of enjoying the day with Jack, he ended up being the best date I have ever had, and we had a baby with us the entire time! It had felt as if I had stepped into my sister's shoes.

Felicia, and Hank gave such a family vibe that it would smother me at times, and to have it happen to me today, even for pretend...it felt nice. A family was wonderful if I ever decided to reproduce. If.

The date did start off awkward since I had never had the time to talk to Jack before, but quickly he warmed up to me and had me talking. Things did surprise me once we reached the park, though. He plays rough.

First he lifted me up and carried me away while I screamed that I was afraid of heights.

"Nonsense, love! You are just fearing to be dropped," he corrected while placing my wiggling torso over a branch. "Do not fret, I'll make sure to catch you."

"Heh, as if I trusted you with my body," I muttered while swinging my leg down, trying to reach the ground. Jack's laugh ran and weaved through the trees as I hugged the trunk. I begged him to please help me down so I could then snap open his head.

Lulu was a sticky mess, but crawled from her little blanket I had placed on the ground for her to then tug at his jeans.

The second he took to lower his head, I jumped on his back.

"Ha!" I yelled in victory, then as I was about to set my feet down, he wrapped my thighs, and held me tighter.

"Piggy-back ride it is."

"Wait! No, you'll drop me!"

The entire time I had spend it laughing, and not to lie...I felt something I hadn't felt with a person; joy. Was that the joy a person can bring into your life?

Afterwards, he had laid back while I played with Lulu right next to him. The second she crawled over him, his eyes shot up. The Great Killer Jack became nervous. She again tugged on him, his blazer this time, and giggled as she babbled for a lift.

Crossing my legs I signal him with my elbow to get up. "She wants you to pick her up."

He hesitated and switched from Lulu's eyes to mine before saying, "I rather not. Children are not fond of me."

Or you not of them? I picked her up, then pushed her towards him. He raised his arms up as if alarmed. Thinking he was waving at her, Lulu laughed, and finally hugged him before resting her head on his chest.

She did always prefer being held by her father, Hank, which explains why she became accustomed to Jack's arms.

This girl loves being held by men already.

Slowly, I let go, and had him carry her completely.

"She warmed up to you," I chuckled as he gently tapped her back.

"Ha, well, that, or she's a needy, little thing."

Rolling my eyes, and scoffing, I say, "Babies have their pros and cons, but after a while, them being needy makes you feel wanted, right? Don't you feel wanted right now by her; someone who can only give pure love?"

"Pure love?" he asked.

"No one can love like a baby," I answered with my index finger raised up to our eyes.

He took a moment to admire Lulu's snuggled figure, then cocked his head up saying, "Ah, Miss Kett, who is teaching who today?"

The rest of the day had been smoother due to Jack's acceptance of Lulu's existence; he couldn't keep his hands off her, it was adorable.

He had helped her try and walk over the picnic tables, and as he played with her, I noticed he actually liked being with her more than with me. Jack was the oldest, 27, and had never married even though he has had long relationships. Marriage, and family had to frighten him.

As I stared at them with a smile, I had a pretty good idea on why he enjoyed Lulu's company now that I introduced him to the idea that there were other pleasures of life other than just hopping from woman to woman; she was a baby, giving honest love, something he had never had before.

Being a father doesn't look so bad now, right, Jack? I could see Kurt winking at me for helping one of his son's get over a fear. Maybe I could also help the rest. I think, then lower my gaze into a bland expression when Mathew's face pops up. Pfft, there's no helping that one.

Once Lulu's sugar rush went away, and she fell asleep after being giggled to death by Jack, we headed back to the car he had borrowed from Peter. Jack even held her all the way back as I walked next to him with the empty stroller.

"Had fun?" I asked, and quickly a grin spread throughout his face.

You did, didn't you, huh, Cream Dream. In the end, today felt more like a lesson for him, but to prove that I had opened up due to the Wallis Help, I wrapped my arm around his, and leaned on it.

I can do this. It's not so hard, right? Feels...natural now. Feels...

"Well, well, darling," he smiled back.

"Oh, shut up."