Part 18 (Mathew's POV)

I do not ask for help. I do not ask for help. I DO NOT NEED their help. I thought to myself as I walked out the restroom.

"My own thoughts were being driven mad by that little, pesty, stubborn, child-like," I mutter as I fling my hand to Lani's cupcake stuffed smile, and it makes me pause for some seconds. "...female."

Just after dropping her off, and those scorching, little angels, I -in the heat of the moment- decided to call my brothers. Not my best idea.

Is it my need to share my suffering? I smiled as the thought of causing my brothers some stormy weather, actually, it satisfied me till a slight, innocent picture of Jack, or Peter touching Lania crept in. My smile flattened as the pictures turned into a film.

Once I reached her, she giggled about frosting, cakes, and utter nonsense.

"Gawd, dis...this is," Lania spoke with frosting all over her lips. She didn't bother finishing what she was saying, instead she rolled her eyes back, and moaned how delicious it was.

At the moment we are in a extremely pink, girly, princess cupcake shop, which she insisted she could not miss out on for the sake of her sisters. Honestly, I believe she did not wish to spend the rest of the day alone with me, again.

"We've never eaten together, have we?" I asked while she licked her lips clean. Confused, she tilted her head, trying to remeber if she has had the chance to ruin lunch for me as well.

"I don't think we have. Why, are you hungry?"

"Perhaps." I raised her hand, and licked off some frosting she had on her knuckles. Quickly, I had to regret it; with eyes wide open, her arm shot straight up, knocking my nose.

After she snaps out of it, she rushes to my face saying, "sorry, sorry, sorry! You, I told you to not do things like that! Not with your..." Lania's voice lowered, and she patted her cheeks. "-your tongue!"

"Hmm, then how will I ever kiss you correctly?"

Now, at that she scoffed, and the Lania I met showed herself. "Ha, a correct way of kissing? Is it not just if two people love each other? If so, Mr. Wallis, we will never have one kiss done correctly."

Why do I find you amusing? I mentaly grinned at her blushed face. How cute. A puppy facing a wolf.

"I'm not asking for your heart." I said. Something in her eyes went weak. In a surprising way, so did mine. To myself, I will admit, yes, I did not like those words strung together -not when I was looking at woman's round eyes.

Breaking the little silence, she smiled. It had to be fake, of course, though I hand her a round of applause for being the first to simmer down the tension.

"Fantastic. Because I can't even find it." She said before calling over to her sisters; they were dressed in princess gowns, and having tea with employees also in costume. "May I join you ladies for tea?!"

They welcomed her, and once again, Lania slipped past me as if i did not exist.

She confuses me; one moment she agrees with what we have to do, then another, she's an icy pixie.

Tasting my own tongue, I raise my brows at the frosting flavor, "how delicious."