Chapter II - Worst Birthday Ever

Penny and I ditched Reese and River who are still making out by our locker to get to our class before the bell rings.

"I can't wait to be out of this place soon. Thank goddess we only have a few months of school left" I inform Penny.

"Oh, I don't know...I don't mind school. Lots of hot guys, like those lycans." she winks. " ...or like those boys...too bad they're such jerks and man-whores," whispers Penny in my ear as we pass the popular group in our school. 

Logan Carrington, our future Alpha is in a lip-lock, shoving his tongue down the throat of Mia Brown, the head cheerleader. They're together, but everybody knows they're seeing other people on the side. Zeke Walker, future Delta has his arms around Elle Johnson and Marie Jacobs, while talking to Hunter Stevens, the future Beta. I think Hunter isn't so bad. He doesn't seem like a player like the other two. He talked to me once or twice before and seems pretty nice.

"I wonder if he's digging for hidden treasure down her esophagus," I whisper back and Penny starts laughing.

Hunter turns to look at us, then his eyes shift to me, looking amused. I think his lips twitch a bit like he's trying not to laugh. Cuddly bunny and fuzzy slippers!!! He must have heard me.

I practically push Penny into our English lit class, while trying to hide my flaming face.

Yes, I do think that those boys are pretty hot. There's no way in hell would I admit it to anyone, though.

Logan and Zeke have this class with me and Penny. They enter the class ten minutes after the teacher started teaching. Not that she would say anything.

Logan slides into a seat in front of me and my wolf stirs. I stare at the back of his golden head for a bit. Logan is about 6'2", well muscled, has high cheekbones and sharp features like a model. Bright blue eyes and light blond hair. When he smiles, wow. His straight white teeth and those adorable dimples are to die for. Well, maybe I have a bit of a crush on him. Just a little bit. I think a lot of the girls here do.

The rest of the classes went pretty well...boring and uneventful. Art is the only subject I look forward to. Did I mention that my mom is an artist? Well, she is, and I'm very proud of her. Lavinia Fairchild is quite well known. Every werewolf household here has at least one or two of her prints or originals. My dream is to go to an art school and be as good as her.

We are sitting at our regular table during lunch time when I suddenly smell that wonderful smell that I can't describe. Whatever it is, it smells awesome! Ezra, my wolf is fighting to be let out and take control. I guess I was born during lunch time. I stand up and start to follow my nose to identify where that smell comes from. I can't help it. I have to find it. I vaguely hear my friends calling my name, but I can't seem to focus on anything else but that smell.

My nose brings me to the popular group table. Oh no, I can't seem to bring my feet to stop. Ezra's taking control. Everybody stops talking. Logan Carrington? My mate is Logan Carrington? No no no no no...

His beautiful blue eyes widen as he looks up at me. His eyes softened as they roam my face. I can see lust and hunger flitting across his face briefly as his eyes move up and down my body. But then he looks away quickly. His breathing ragged. My wolf howls with joy and wants me to jump on him and stake my claim.

"Follow me," he says gruffly, and swiftly walks out the cafeteria through the back door.

I follow him across the lawn to an Oak tree, hiding us a bit from prying eyes.