1

Jayda slipped on her black pair of NIKE Slides. Her hair sprawled all over her head. Holding her phone tightly in her hand she ran downstairs annoyed. Jayda sat at the table, the normal sit she usual sat in on any regular day.

           Jerald, her father pranced around the room to his wife , Maranda. Rolling her eyes she sighed praying they would have to work today, that's all they ever do. She hated being in the same room with them now , after they missed the most important time of her life, graduation. It's real fucked up when your limo driver is sitting in the crowd cheering you on.

        "Good morning Jayda" Maranda spoke placing her breakfast gently on the table. She gave her mother the natural fake smile she has always given.

       "Morning Jayda" Jerald added in covering his mouth full of pancakes.

                 She listened to her mother and father converse tempted to pull out her phone. They were really strict about being on your phone at the table unless it's serious. Jayda could never understand that rule as much as they took phone calls at "family dinners".

              From what you can tell is that Jayda doesn't have a relationship with her parents. Being the rich family they are you would think money put them on clouds, not. Like any other family things sometimes went left. During her lifetime they always missed events birthday parties, award day, dance recitals, karate matches, and graduation.  Anytime they talked it involved college, somewhere her heart wasn't quite set on going.

          This year she planned on leaving for good. Jayda had been saving up money from doing hair on the block. Not in the suburbs where she lives but near where her true friends live. On Angel Str is where all her business started when she was fourteen and she's now 18.

        "Have you thought about your future? High school is over it's no more stalling , it's time for you to be picking colleges" Jerald spoke up earning a agreeing hum for her mother.

          "I'm not going" Jayda mumbled not loud enough for them to ear.

Jerald laughed silently looking over at his wife. "Jayda say that again I thought you say you weren't going"

"Cause I'm not" Jayda spoke up dropping her fork on the empty china plate. Her face held this emotionless expression seeing the reactions of her parents.

Maranda patted her heart dramatically in shock. How could she explain to her family , her daughter didn't wanna go to college? She looked over at Jerald who held an angry smug on his face. He slammed his fist on the table facing Jayda completely.

"You either go to college or go do whatever just not in this house" Jayda's eyes widened not believing her parents really offered her this.

She shook her head. "I guess I'm moving out"

"Just know your being cut off"

"I don't need or want your money." Jayda got her car keys walking towards the door. "Fuck you both" she coldly stated closing the front door.

Jayda and her friend sat in the furnished house her friend recently rented with her boyfriend.

"I can't believe they really did something like that" Miracle gasped in disbelief, she never took Jayda's parents to be the harsh type.

"I'm not they've always been a pain in the ass about college. It's family tradition"

"We'll move in with me" Miracle offered. "You can help pay the rent plus it'll be fun to be roommates with my best friend. Xavier and I have been looking for someone to move in , your perfect"

        "Ummm I don't know about you and Xavier are the freakiest couples I've ever met" Jayda joked but still serious. They fucked like parents she was surprised they didn't have a baby on the way.

             "There are rooms downstairs, you don't have to sleep upstairs"

         "Okay I could reason with that"

"Soooo"

     "I'm moving in"