31.

5 months later

"What's wrong" Jayda asked watching Devon's face frown while he eyed the baby. The skin complexion , his physical features look nothing like him. Not only that but he noticed the kid didn't have any inside traits of him either, nothing like Devon, when he was a baby.

Monica had , Wuan, five months ago before her actually due date. The doctors had worried about his health but thankfully, he made it. Devon has been spending his weeks days catering to him, feeding, buying him clothes, changing his diaper, Jayda would pitch in every so often. It became a routine to have Wuan around so much. "I don't feel like this kid is mine. I love Wuan, but I'll love him regardless. I got a DNA test"

"Have you gotten the results" she asked squinting her eyes. Jayda didn't want him hurt because Monica's dumb ass couldn't confess the truth. In her eyes , the dates didn't add up for her to be magically pregnant.

Devon reached in his pocket, the white envelope, hanging from his fingertips. Jayda slowly took it from his hands, she swirled it around swiftly in her hands. She examined the envelope there wasn't an attempt to tear anything open. "You scared of the results"

"If the child isn't mind, Monica is gonna give me all my money that I spent on everything" Devon spat cradling the baby closer to him. "She can keep everything but I want my money back, that I've been paying her"

"You know that she is long gone, that money been going towards her bald headed ass and them long cat claw nails" Jayda laughed seeing her recent pictures popping her down her timeline. "Speaking of the devil, here she goes now"

Devon shook his head. "You follow her" he asked slightly shocked.

"She followed me so I returned the favor, I wanted to have proof if she was caught talking shit about me. I have your friends closer and your enemies closer." Devon smiled somewhat less upset about the situation. Talking to Jayda about it cheered him up a little. "If it's not your child, I'm gonna be there for you all the way. I know when a newborn baby is born, you start to get emotionally attached. It's fucked up hearing the child ain't yours" she rubbed his shoulder while looking down at the baby.

"Thanks Baby, I love you" Devon pecked his lips countless times.

"I love you to" Jayda returned the gesture, biting his bottom lip. "Now let's open this letter" she mentally prepared herself to fight Monica. In her head she visualized different punches and kicks she had been practicing at the gym. She always swore that Monica only had this motive to use him for his money.

0.00% yours.

Jayda read the fine print in her head not sure if she wanted to read it out loud. She faced Devon who was already staring a whole in her face. "Do you wanna read it or me"

"Your voice is more soothing" Devon said gesturing for me to read the document.

"He's not yours" She mumbled quietly. She didn't bother to see his expression, she hugged him. Tears wetted the cotton fabric of her shirt, the baby stared at them still sucking on his PJ Masks themed pacifier. It hurt her to, to know that Wuan wouldn't be coming around anymore, but he needed to be around his actual father. "I'm gonna go some more snacks for the baby"

"B-."

"I promise I'll be right back" Jayda hurriedly rushed to her car. She started dashing towards Monica's house. She dialed Miracle's number telling her to pull up just to be on the look out.

"What's up bestie" Miracle answered happily after receiving the best head of her life. Xavier has always been good in the tongue and dick department.