24.

A/N: If you notice the chapter is longer than usual. I might not be uploading the next two days because school is ending and things are getting hectic. If I don't post tomorrow or Thursday, I'll be sure to post this weekend👍🏾

Enjoy❤️
      Jayda lifted her leg up crossing it in front of the other. The lady on the tv then switched positions turning towards the right angle of the room. Her legs stretched to the top of her head, spreading them more wide. Seconds later the familiar burn started to form and she instantly put her legs back down. "Yoga is tiring" she said to herself laying on her plain purple mat.

Holding out her arms, she felt relaxed, less stressed. Music still played from Spotify Radio. She grabbed the remote pausing the yoga CD. Cracking the sides of her neck, she roamed her fingers through the strands of her hair.

       The last few weeks have been stressful for her but she decided to give herself a few days off. She realized that she has been working herself way to hard to be so young. This week she wanted to enjoy herself , only positive vibes.

        Freshening up in the shower , random things crossed her mind including the dinner her parents want her to attend. They were having a family dinner like they did every year, celebrating their accomplishments. In Jayda's eyes the idea is forever gonna be pointless but it's family tradition.

       Using her rag, she rubbed off her face mask. Her clear skin glowed making her smile brighter. Hanging the rag back up, she walked out nearing her room door. Devon slid behind her following her to the bedroom. Making sure to close the door, he sat furrowed his eyebrows, watching her search for something to wear.

       "Where you going" Devon asked seeing the attire.

      "My parents are having this bogus family dinner. It's a family tradition that goes on every year acknowledging all the great things they've done in their careers. The shit is annoying but the food is always on point" she rambled buttoning is her black dress pants. The white flowing shirt, complimented with roses on the sides.

      He nodded trying to understand the reasoning. "Your gonna be okay going by yourself"

    "I've been doing it for years don't see why it would be a problem this year"

           Devon pouted laying back on the bed. He patted his lap waiting for her to pounce on top of him. She swung her leg over his lead positioning hisself on the bottom half of his stomach. Leaning down Jayda kissed the top of his lips, laughing.  "Can you show me some loving before you abandon me" he asked puckering his lips. She nodded giving him a real kiss before quickly breaking it.

      "I gotta go , Bye Devy"

   "Bye Jaybear"

           Cars filled the oversized house parking lot. Designer leather seats and cars were being secured by the security they tagged along with them. Turning off her car, she did a mental prayer hoping to keep the pettiness at a minimum. Her relatives always had something to say about her choice of career because everyone grew up wanting to be a inventing engineer.

         Opening the front door, conversations stopped as her heels clicked against the hard floor. Jayda flipped her hair over her shoulder, sitting her Gucci bag on the counter in the kitchen. Maranda spotted her daughter , she happily made a way over to her.  Although, they talked every now and again on the phone, they didn't see each other often.

      "Hey baby" Maranda greeted holding her arms out for a hug. "How have you been"

      "I've been okay, I've been feeling bad about my store being burned down" she mentioned seeing her mother's smile turn into a frown.

    "I've been meaning to ask you about that, have they told anything about who could've done it"

        Jayda shook her head. "They've only told me that the burning and broken glass of the building had been intentional. Before the building was burned down apparently they were just gonna threaten me with some words but decided to burn it down instead. I don't have enemies so the reasoning is all pointless"

       "Do you have problems with anybody"

    "Not they I no of, besides none of them are crazy enough to some wack shit like that. If they can't fight me , the last thing they gone do is chance there life doing fucked up shit" Jayda spoke while replying back to a early message.

     "All that cursing has to stop"

She helped prepare the food on the table. Sitting the silverware by the empty plates. Random aunties and uncles piled up at the table telling memories as a kid. The discussion soon came up about how how they were proud of their positions.

    "I'm now a full time construction manager. Their letting me build and manage the business" Ashely boasted pointing towards her mother. In her eyes that's the only thing their good for.

      All Ashely's mother ever did for her was hand things down. She never had to work for anything or lift her ass for a dime. Kids at her school envied and worshipped her at the same time. Ashely loved the praise , angry stares, and the gawking guys who fantasized over her. In high school she was the golden girl, the female dudes wanted to dump their girls for. She had a slim thick, soda bottle shape, long sandy brown hair, and hazel brown eyes that light up the room. Everyone fell for that dazing smile that would have you smiling for days and days.

The other unknown parts of the family smiled , silently clapping. They didn't wanna be rude by loudly talking and clapping at the table. "I'm proud of you honey" Sharon said finishing the last of her steak. She reached back into the semi full bowl scooping another spoon full of mashed potatoes.

It soon got silent and all you heard were forks scraping against the plates. Eye averted towards Jayda, hesitant to spark up a conversation. She avoided eye contact proceeding to keep staring down the plate in front of her. Having a disagreement wasn't the agenda for her today so she kept her mouth closed. She knew having this dinner was important to her mother.

"Anyways, enough about Ashley, what's going on with you" Sharon pointed towards me.

"I heard her shop got burned down" Ashely replied before Jayda could even speak. Covering her mouth she silently laughed seizing the noises.

"Yes , it got burned down but I'm still doing hair and making my money. Losing a store that wasn't completely finished isn't gonna stop my grind" Jayda explained ignoring the pointless comment.

"Your still stuck on doing that hair business , it hasn't gotten you far babygirl" Ashely's mother , Ronny retorted in a disgusted manner.

"No one said that sucking your way to the top is the way to go either" Jayda smirked as forks dropped against the tables.

Ronny isn't the women who went to college getting her Masters and Bachelors degree. She had her own little dirty way of making it to the billboards, fucking. Secrets were being exposed but she had the money to stop the bloggers from giving out her business. The only talent that Ronny is truly gifted in is and forever will be sucking dick.

To this day, Ronny is still clueless is to who the dad could be of Ashley. When she was first born Ronny searched high and low paying for men to take DNA test. After awhile she finally gave up and claimed the father wasn't ready to take on the position.

Ashely exactly followed in her footsteps except she hasn't slipped up. Sleeping around with the big ballers get them the higher promotions in different buildings. They made millions for conning and scheming dumb old men. That's just the way life works for them over there.

"Your not gonna talk about my mother like that" Ashely stood up wiping her hands on the white stainless napkin.

"Let's not do this, y'all promised it wouldn't be any drama"

Bitches...

Moving Inजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें