8.

"That's it" Devon clarified shipping off the last package. He had just sold another product of his merchandise. For a living he customized shirts , shoes, socks, phone cases, and etc.

"Finally I'm tired of taking all these calls" Xavier joked still seeing uncalled numbers on the notebook. Devon laughed agreeing.

"Yea today has definitely been something"

"Okay moving on from business, let's talk about you and Jayda" he clasped his hands together.

"Nothing going on between her and I. We don't see each other in that light" Devon brushed off the conversation. He had a feeling Xavier was gonna find a way to slide that issue in the discussion.

Xavier nodded knowing that he's clearly lying. "Whatever. If your gonna be with my lil sis just cut that Monica bitch off".

"I'm not gone be with your little sister , stop playing"

Leaving out the house , he took the car , driving over to his moms house. Ever since he's moved in with his friends , he's rarely been over his mom's house. It wasn't intentional but between work and his schedule things have been tight. He never failed to text or call is mom once a day.

Unlocking the front door , yelling could be heard over the phone. "HE HASN'T SEEN YOU SINCE THE DAY HE WAS BORN. YOU THINK TWENTY YEARS LATER ITS OKAY TO POP UP IN HIS LIFE" Gina, his mother screamed into the phone. Hanging up , she turned around mumbling unholy words to blow off steam.

"That's my father huh" Devon taunted crossing his arms.

"I can explain" his mother cried out covering her mouth. She didn't know how to tell her son, the truth.
-
Dear Jayda,

You've been on my mind a lot lately. This family slowly falling apart is killing me. You rarely answer my calls, your always busy, and it's seems your doing better off without us. I haven't been the best mom but I'm willing to change that. I wanna start doing family therapy , piece the puzzle back together.

Love always,

Mommy

Crumbling up the sheet of paper, she sighed. Jayda hadn't planned on ever agreeing to family therapy. She felt as if it wasn't a desperate need for it. After all her parents are the reason things are going this way.

The last few days after that incident with her dad, she hasn't been answering or returning their calls. When she did the convo ended two minutes later, she had nothing to say to them. She just needed time to figure recollect herself.

      As much as the blowed up her phone bribing into moving back in, she wasn't falling for it. She's tired of feeling like the second priority in their life. Being legal made her realize a lot of things she can do without her parents involved. Her whole life she mapped out this big plan to do a better job as being a parent and move away.

      Jayda's life long goal is to be something in life. Own dozens of businesses, have her name on build boards, her face plastered on magazines, but that's unrealistic. She just wanted to be remembered for her achievements and how she came up, and it wasn't from her parents money. She didn't take a single penny from them once she moved out, everything she owned is with earned money.

      "You okay" Miracle asked rubbing her best friend's back. Jayda nodded not verbally responding to her question, she was to caught up in her thoughts.

         "My mom wants to do family therapy"

        Miracle watched as Jayda finally broke down, something she didn't do often. She knew all about Jayda's situation at home , they've been friends for over nine years , they know everything about one another. That's including what goes on behind closed doors in both households.

      Like most of the other kids , Miracle didn't believe that Jayda was some stuck up rich kid. Although she always walked in with the knew hairstyles, shoes, and the name brand clothes, her personality spoke otherwise. Miracle saw past the whole rich act and became her friend. Both of the girls got backlash for it but they were never ones to care about irrelevant opinions.

      Wiping her tears , she gently backed away from Miracle. She lowly laughed seeing her wet tear stains dripping down her shirt. "I'm sorry"

       "It's okay there your tears, you know I'm always here for you" Miracle and Jayda smiled hugging each other.

     "Enough of the sappy shit but what we about to do"

         Miracle's phone rung, Xavier contact name, Baby😍, flashed across the screen. She squealed answering the phone listening to his constant rant. Throughout the whole conversation she hummed and nodded.

          "Alright Bye" she hung up the phone.

    "Jayda can you do me a big favor and pick up Devon. He's car broke down on the highway and I gotta get food for the house"

         Jayda mentally rolled her eyes feeling this whole situation is a automatic set up. Out of all the people of course she's randomly picked to save his ass.

       "Umm just send me the list and I'll pick up the food." She suggested hoping Miracle would get the hint.

     Miracle shook her head. "You can do pick him up , I already sent you the location. I'm the cook of the house so I need specific ingredients not them cheap ass brand of food you be buying" she joked.

     "Bitch, cheap and delicious. Fuck you mean" they busted out laughing.

     "Anyways are you gonna do it for me" Miracle pouted.

     Jayda nodded. "Fine" grabbing her car keys she did a silent prayer. Being in a room with Devon could turn into a sex scene. One day Jayda felt like she's gonna let her guard down and just ride him to the sun comes up. The way he licks his lips, bite his lips, and the size of his dick. The sight just makes her want to jump his bones but than the asshole personality kicks in, ruins the moment.

        Stopping on the side of the rode , rain heavily bounced on her window. Devon stood outside in the rain drenched, he walked to the car frowning. Before he could seat down Jayda put a old beach towel across the seat , not wanting him to mess up her new Minnie Mouse seat covers. Rolling his eyes , he sat down , staring straight ahead.

        Shrugging Jayda continued to drive not feeling the need to hold a conversation, she only had one job.   "Your not gonna ask if I'm okay"

   "Didn't know I had to" Jayda retorted.