22.

A/N: This is book is now at 5k and I'm so thankful! You guys have been very frequent with the comment , voting, and following me! I'm glad that many of you enjoy and interact with the book! I love reading y'all comments , some be having me rolling😂.
Enough of me , Enjoy ❤️.

Cheesecake filled her mouth, while she covered in her zebra themed blanket. Ever since Jayda found out the news her mood had been sour. She thought it was best to stay to herself, she avoided bringing everybody else's mood down. The only time she left the room was to take a shower, use the bathroom, or do the kitchen. Her phone would ring or ding but she just sent a simple message saying she couldn't talk or didn't feel good.

Soon, she would get over it but it just wasn't the time. She felt that she had worked to hard , for it to just blow up in flames , literally. She couldn't look anyone in the face , she's embarrassed, hurt, mad , and upset.

Jayda couldn't even find the courage to look in the mirror. Her eyes were blood shot red, bags under her eyes from lack of sleep, and her hair hadn't been touched in days.

Turning on her phone , she searched through Instagram ignoring the posts she has been tagged in. Reading it was only gonna ruin her somewhat better mood. Combing out her hair , she brushed it into a lazy ponytail. She looked in the camera taking a picture of her with her giving a thumbs us, guys I'm fine but it's gonna take some time to fully get over it😕! , she posted the picture hoping to ease the worries.

Apart or her felt bad for pushing away the support of her friends but she needed time to herself. Jayda wanted to get herself together before showing off to the world again. She had been wrecking her brain trying to figure out who would wanna do something like that to her. She barely had enemies that wouldn't be bold enough to do anything like that to her. All be the beef she had with some of her old classmates had been squashed years ago.

Putting her phone down, she went in the kitchen reviewing the awkward stares. They were debating on whether to say anything or let her be. It had been killing all of them not talking or hearing from her for days. When they say her post in social media , Miracle assumed that she has cheered up.

"Hey y'all" Jayda greeted causing the three to go wide eyed. She chuckled as Miracle ran up to her showering kisses over her face. "I'm sorry that I've been so stand-offish" she apologize kissing Devon on the cheek.

"It's been weird not hearing your crazy ass blast songs at random times" Xavier joked giving her a side hug. She nodded agreeing while Devon admired her from a distance. Inside he was relieved that finally decided the open back up. All the silence killed him and it showed the whole week.

      "It's cool , but the police have yet to have a lead of who could've done this"

       Devon kissed her cheek, while stepping into his shoes. His freshly brought gold chain flashed around his neck along with the gold Rolex watch. "I gotta go to Monica's and talk about this child situation"

     Jayda nodded, happy that he was trying to be understanding of the situation. The child didn't ask to be in this world and he or she deserves their mom and dad in her life, no matter the circumstances. "I'm glad you took my advice"

     "It's helpful"

        Devon rung the doorbell waiting for the door to open up. Behind the door revealed Monica in a robe , her undergarments peeking underneath, her hair pulled up in a slick ponytail. He mentally rolled his eyes trying to figure out what he saw in her.

      Monica smirked stepping aside. "I'm happy you decided to come over"

      "I'm only here to discuss the needs of my child" he stated , stopping her bullshit. His plans weren't to be over there for more than thirty minutes at the most.

     "Do you at least want something to eat. I made lasagna from scratch"

   "Nah, I'm good" he politely declined holding up his hand.

    Monica couldn't cook to save her life, the only things she's good for is sex. It's harsh to say but it's the truth. She's the person to call when it comes to needed your dick sucked or a good ride. Every meal she made is from a package , and she can't even cook something so simple. Either she over cooked it or under cooked.

          "I'll go get me something to drink" he said.

   "No I'll do it your the guest" she smiled on her way to the kitchen.

  "Your the pregnant , I'm okay with getting it" he excused himself walking away. Slipping up wasn't a option for him, he wasn't sure if Monica was gonna put something in his drink. He has seen it way too many times in the movies to even chance it. 

        Opening her cabinet, he  grabbed a plastic up, you would find in a restaurant. He poured the lemonade, watching as it dropped into the cup. Putting the lemonade back in the refrigerator, he returned to the living room sipping his cool drink.

       "How far along are you" he asked eyeing her stomach. She was showing a little but not to much. Monica has always been known for having a very slim body structure so you can tell she's gaining weight.

     "Around two months" she smiled rubbing her stomach. Despite everything that's going on , she has big plans for the kid. In her mindset , she picked out the baby shower colors, decorations , room designs. "I'm so excited"

     "I can't believe I'm having a son" he said out-loud to himself in deep though. Taking another swig of his lemonade he sighed , sitting it back down on the table. "It's gonna take some getting use to but text me the appointment dates"

      "So I've been thinking , maybe we could move into a house together. My child needs to grow up in a family oriented environment" she stressed everything that has been mapped up in that big head of hers.

     Devon shook his head. "I can't do that, I have a girlfriend. The child can still grow up if we co-parent the right way. Which means don't do petty shit to try to keep my child away from me" he lectured pointing a finger in his face.

       Her smiled dropped , she slowly opened her robe revealing her lace set. She sauntered over to him in a sexy manner , trying to seduce him. She stopped noticing how unamused he was just by staring at her. "You must really like her huh? You've never ditched me when it came to sex" she laughed laying back on the couch, crossing her slim , dark brown legs.

     "I really do like her, I'm not gonna jeopardize that because your on a mission to be this big happy family. I'm gonna be there for my daughter or son no matter if we live a block away or a million miles away. I'm gonna always be there to take care of my flesh and blood"