21.

Devon and Jayda were in the store searching for food ingredients. Miracle had forced them out the house , giving them a list of the food she needed to make her special dish. They didn't mind going to the grocery store , they were boring themselves with a movie before. Jayda was in a rush because she had some interview videos to finish watching. That's the only thing that had been on her mind , getting workers for the shop.

She had posted this picture on Instagram explaining the process of how to apply for the position. You had to make a video of you making a wig, doing someone's hair, or doing your own hair, showing all the steps and the finished product. As soon as she posted that, lots of girls and some boys had sent videos of their potential. Currently she was in the process of making decisions and it's killing her.

"Is that all on the list, we need to hurry and get back home" Jayda motioned her hand.

"For you to finish ignoring me to watch them hair videos, nope. I'm taking your computer, iPad , and I might take your phone" she rolled her eyes going on the next aisle. "Don't leave me like that but I'm just saying. You need to take a break, it's only stressing you out"

"I admit it has been stressful but I need to find furniture, people to wo-." Devon held his hand up cutting her off. He gripping the back of her sweat pants, pulling her towards him. "Stop rambling and relax, every little thing is gonna be alright"

Jayda nodded feeling herself calm down for the first time this week. She was trying to take one step at a time but everything kept moving faster and faster. It didn't help that over a thousand people are sending in their application videos every second. "Thank you, I needed that talk" she smiled hugging him.

"Your welcome, your smile is so beautiful" he complimented hugging her closer. They remained in that position for a good two minutes before realizing they had to get home.

Jayda placed the food in the on the counter waiting for the lady to ringing it up. She down at the purse taking our her credit card.

"Hey baby daddy"

"Not today Monica"

Jayda looked up facing Monica while she rung up their selection of foods. Monica finished bagging the food, giving them the bags one by one. The entire time she smirked making slick comments about her and the baby.

"Seriously though , it would be nice to come to the appointments with me. The baby is truly yours , your the only dude I've been fucking"

Monica had never been the type to fucked every man who had sexual appeal. In her whole entire life time she's only messed around with two people, her ex and Devon. The way of telling Devon might've been immature on her part but she wasn't lying about being pregnant. Devon has two choices to be in the baby's life or be put on child support.

"Ok Monica" he replied annoyed pushing the buggy towards the car.

Jayda trailed behind him in deep thought. She wasn't upset but she wasn't happy either. Jayda couldn't know of to feel honestly, she's never been in a situation like this.

"How you feel" he asked rubbing her thigh while the other hand rested on the stirring wheel.

"I don't know, it's your kid, not mines" she expressing , shrugging.

"That kid ain't mine"

"When we first met , y'all use to fuck around in that house like rabbits, so it's possible. She doesn't seem or act like much of hoe so I kind've believe her. When that child is born, your gonna regret not being there doing her pregnancy. If that means we gotta hold back on whatever we're doing on fine with that"

Devon smiled, if this had've been in other girl she would've cursed him and left. Never in his life , any girl he dated would get mad if another girl looked his way, assuming he cheated. Jayda wasn't running away, she was content, and not rushing the to get the title of a girlfriend.

"That means a lot that your not trying to end things because of this situation. It's no need to take a break on anything either, we're just fine." He responded continuing the drive back home.

Silence took over the car, only music could be heard. They both experiences the depth of deep thoughts. They were thinking about their future together and how much they connect. Jayda never connected in such a way with her bitch of a ex. The two would always argue over stupid things , not talks for weeks, or be petty by talking to other people. That lead her to believe that , they wouldn't be working out in the future, so she ended the relationship.

      Opening the door , Xavier and Miracle looked up with saddened expressions. "Why the long faces" Jayda asked sitting the bags down.

Miracle pointed to the tv , it showed Jayda's new building burned down in flames. Glass shattered on the sides of the road , scattered. Her mouth dropped at the sight, eyes watered, tears flowed down her face. She declined the hugs and the encouraging words on the way to her room. Her mind couldn't function straight right now. Turning off her phone before she "I'm sorry", "Are you okay??", "You'll find a way" , comments start rolling in.

Grabbing her pjs, she hurried in the bathroom closing the door. She ran her bath water , making sure to put it warm temperature. Thoughts ran rapidly through her mind messing up her mental. Stepping in the water, she watched slowly staring a hole in the wall. Bubble suds slipped down her body , draining water from the water drops fell.

After washing , she the water works started again. "If it isn't one thing , it's another" she sobbed shaking her head.

Knocking on the door startled her but she continued to cry. The three roommates called through the door asking her to open up or at least let them know she's okay.

"Sis Open the door" Xavier begged on the verge of crying.

"Please" Miracle asked tears trickling down her cheek. "You Don't have to go through this by yourself"

"I gotchu" Devon finished hoping that she would open up. He just wished her could be there for her in every way and aspect.