26.

"Jean is coming over today" Jerald told his wife continuing to tighten his tie. The butler folded up his pajamas sitting them on the edge of the bed. He had been planning to look sharp on the day of seeing his brother after the last few months. Something ringed in the back of his mind that maybe Jean was the brains behind all this.

Maranda cut her eyes over at him , cuffing her ear. "Say that mess again" she demanded sliding on her six inch heels.

"Jean is coming over. I know you thinks it's a bad idea but I need answers. I have a feeling he's the reason Jayda's salon got burned down" he explained his reasoning hoping she'll go along with it.

"I get that but be mindful Jean is a dangerous man, I'm just reminding you. That brother of yours has a few loose screws" Jerald walked behind Maranda sweeping her off her feet. He laid her on the bed. "Everything is gonna be okay"

She nodded kissing his cheek. Maranda shared a great love for her husband, she couldn't bare losing him over some traditional family drama. Of course she was worried about Jayda's salon being ruined but she didn't wanna make the wrong calls. Jean plays a big part of why her building was burned down, its up to him to tell the truth or not.

Jean banged on the broken down door, hearing the creaking. Gina sat on the bed debating on whether it's safe to open it. She drunk the glass of wine throwing it on the side of the room. Unlocking the door , he came in looking around the room in disgust. "Get ready we're going to see them today" he smirked folding his arms.

Gina smiled , hurrying to pick out her clothes. It wasn't much but she wanted to dress up for this occasion. Jean shook his head closing the door back, the plan wasn't that smooth. When they step foot in that house, everything is gonna turn for the worst. She finally would be getting the treatment she deserves for causing so much hell.

Her loose curls hung on her shoulders. The off the shoulder shirt , flopped down her body from the loss of weight. The bags under her eye shined brightly for the world to admire. The fake sliver diamond earrings dangled from her ear. The outfit was wack but for the moment , she felt joyful. The day she could finally get the revenge she had been trying conclude for months now.

"When we go in here I wanna do all the talking." He directed turning the car in the left direction. The modern home built on a enormous space of land, away from the regular houses on the street.

"I know what to you, I've been completing missions for you for awhile" Gina responded waving him off.

Maranda opened the door being faced by Gina and Jean. Her eyes bulged out her sockets but she quickly recovered. She didn't want the two fools to see her lose her absolute cool. Coffee cups laid on the table full of cinnamon flavored creamer. The couple hated plain black coffee, it tasted awful.

Jean locked the handcuffs around Gina's arm pushing her in the chair. He turned her around facing Jerald with a look of anger. Pictures and videos of the building burning flooded the screen, reminding the damage she'd done. Her face cringed as her hands broke the glass windows throwing them on the ground. Finding the bottled of gasoline , she poured it around the perimeter of the building, using a lighter, destruction began. Gina quickly fled the premises running towards the broke down Chevy she stole.

Jerald switched to the next footage video. A closet full of thousand dollar weed and gold chains. Bands of money wrapped in a shopping bag under his mattress. Gina's hands slipped opening the bedroom door sneaking into the empty room full of expensive items. She patted random spots searching common hiding places , chores , bathroom cabinet, shoe boxes, nowhere to be found. Digging a hole in the mattress , she pulled stuffing along with the hundreds of Benjamin Franklins. She smiled trapping the newfound money in her pocket. Using the white thread and a needle , she stitched back up the hole as if it had never been touched.

"You didn't only steal from Jerald , you stole from me" Jean spoke up. "The reason we're here is to end you, but it's not gonna be that simple"

"I needed the money, I have a so-."

"That works and pays bills his goddamn self" Jerald cut her excuse off. He checked his Rolex watch rolling his eyes at the waste of time. Snapping his fingers he signaled the her the show on the road.

The two walked behind the realtor whispering back and forth. Jayda had reached out to Mr.C to help pick out a small one bedroom apartment. She loved having roommates but she missed having her own privacy. Things just haven't been the same after the dispute with Devon. Every second he got the chance he would throw shots about her thinking it's his mother's fault. Jayda would say something back and then another argument pops up.

The master bedroom stood out to her grabbing her attention. She's a sucker for a room with lots of free space. Her room always had to have something besides the usual a bed, tv , and dressers. Jayda took time to decorate her room in whatever style that came to her mind. She had a thing for positive quotes hanging around the room or old pictures of her younger life reminded her of old memories.

"Is this something your interested in" the realtor asked holding the clipboard in her hand. Jayda nodded shaking her hand and silently thanking her.

"This fits perfectly I'll be back in touch to talk about the moving process and all that other stuff" she nodded waving bye as the realtor locked up the apartment.

"Then it's settled"