23.

"You've been forwarded to voice-." Devon hung up the phone not bothering to call again. The last few days his mother had fallen off the face of the earth. He went to her house and all her belongings were gone. The house left completely empty , no sign that anyone lived there. It frustrates him that she up and left without saying anything , he's trying his hardest not the think the worst. Tapping her contact again, he got the same response he got the other ten times. Giving up he sat the phone done heading towards Jayda's room.

     He joined her under the covers burying his head in her breasts. "You still haven't heard from her" she asked rubbing his head. He shook his head , frowning once again.

       "It's killing me because I just talked to her earlier last week"

     "Mmm" Jayda mumbled thinking back. Something wasn't adding up and she's determined to find out what it is. It's funny how she magically disappears after the recent incident. She thought it's best not the share her ideas , Devon would get offended. She knew that he would hurriedly get in defense mode If she applied that. "She'll come around soon, get some rest" She soothes him softly kissing his neck.

        "Lay down with me" he whined laying on top of her. Jayda wrapped her arms around his neck pulling him down on top of her. They slept in this bear hug position keeping each other warm.
-

       Her phone rung again, for the millionth time. Turning off the phone , she closed it back in her bag, throwing it across the room. She had sold her house and on the verge of losing everything she owns. Getting caught up in the illegal something she ever saw herself doing.

       "C'mon Gina, Jean wants to see you" Jean's assistant told her , grabbing her arm. Marie has practically dragged Gina downstairs hoping to speed up the pace.

       Jean smirks catching the duffel bag thrown at him. "I see you got my money. Did you complete the other assignment?" She nodded shamelessly holding her hand out for her cut of the money. All the runs she had been making for him, she deserved half of the money she stole.

        Wrapping a dingy brown rubber band around the wad of money, he slid down the table towards her. Gina caught it feeling the texture of the money, she smiled. "If you don't mind me asking what's your beef with these people" she asked raising her right eyebrow.

      Jean snapped his fingers summoning his servants. One of the butlers came , he stood straight , not a slouch in sight.  His blue and white uniform stood out along with the diamond , gold name tag on his left bicep. "How may I help you sir" Walter held his notepad and the pen tightly in the other.

      "Two glasses of wine and your free to take the rest of the day off" Jean authorized turning his attention back to Gina. Her hair in a natural curly state, glass cuts in her skin, burnt scars.

     "Jerald is my brother , we were close until father gave the business to him. He took it to his head and our brotherhood became history. Long story short he never gave me the money I deserved and now I'm on mission get my shit. I've been lurking in the background for to many years, it's time to do my fucking dirt. We're gonna see who's better , when I perfectly execute this plan" mentioning his brother pissed him off even more. Seeing his name , face, and product plastered over billboard crushed him inside. All in all he felt betrayed that his flushed and blood kicked him to the curb.

       Gina nodded keeping her comments to herself. Jean's temper isn't something to play around unless you wanna die early. In every situation he believes he's right and no one can tell him differently. 

    "Where do I play into this" Gina asked picking at the tips of her nails. Jean smirked clasping his hands together. "Your my right woman in action. Whatever I tell you to do, you do it with no remorse or your don't get paid. If you decide to quick the only way out is death, simple" he smiled.

        Walter came back , wine glasses filled , he sat them on a the coasters. He took off his apron , folding it, and sitting it neatly on the counter in the kitchen where he usually left it. He announced his departure from the house before leaving.

     "I have some more business to attend to, honey. Enjoy your red wine"

      Gina watched him trail upstairs, his chain shook every move he made. His dread locs braided into two cornrows.

     "What have I gotten myself into" she questioned herself , sadly.

    At one point in time , money was never a issue. She had a good job that made tons and had a good relationship with all her co-workers. Then she ran into Jean, the predator, just eager to get his hands on the prey. Being dumb and naive , she let money hunger get her to this point. Gina knew better, she was raised better than the way she's acting.

      Her fingers crawled down her face in defeat. No matter where she went , she could never be drama free. Quietness filled the room now that she was alone , sadness hit her in the face.

-
Some serious tea has been spilled , if you don't get a clue from this something is wrong😂

Anyway , thoughts on Jayda ??

Thoughts on Monica???

Thoughts on Miracle and Xavier??

Thoughts on Gina!!