Chapter 42: Saving the Lizardmen

"Good morning Great Red-sama!"

"Mornin' Rigurd."

"Good morning Great Red-sama!"

"Mornin' Gobchi."

"Good morning Great Red-sama!"

"Mornin' Haruna."

"Good morning Great Red-sama! How are you doing today?"

"Yes."

"Good morning Great Red-sama! Would you like me to make you breakfast?"

"Nice try Shion."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
So that's how my morning jog around the village went after waking up.

Walking back at my temporary house I saw Tyuule walk out of the building.

"*Yawn* Good morning Red-samna..." Tyuule greeted with a cute sleepy expression on her face.

"Good morning Tyuule." I greeted her pleasantly.

"Where's Rory?" I asked which she answered after yawning.

"*Yawn* Still sleeping upstairs."

That's probably the reason why we accidentally left her behind during our trip here at the village.

Rimuru then walked up to my side.

"Good morning Red." She greeted.

Hmm... Shouldn't she be spending some time with Shizue, now that she's okay?

"Where's Shizue?" I asked Rimuru who after heating my question started to make mischievous face.

"She's eating breakfast that Shion made." She said with a smile.

Surprisingly, I'm feeling proud at her for some reason.

"May I ask why?" I asked.

Crossing her arms across her chest she said. "Hmph! It won't be just me who would suffer from Shion's cooking."

Right... I avoided her cooking yesterday.

"So tonight we will head to the Lizardmen territory to fight the Orc army, huh?" I said making her nod with a serious look on her face.

"Yes, the sooner we stop the Orc Lord the sooner the peace will return in the forest." She said.

"Rimuru-chan!" Shizue yelled as she run at us with a- Is she holding Shion's cooking?

Stopping in front of Rimuru, Shizue said to her. "Rimuru-chan you have to try this! It's so delicious!"

Taking a scoop of goop Shizue ate Shion's poiso- cooking without fainting.

"Mhm! It's so good! Here try one!" She then took another scoop from the bowl she's holding and quickly shoved the spoon filled with doom on Rimuru's mouth.

Gulp!

"Delicious right!?" Shizue excitedly said.

"..."

Rimuru remained still- Wait, no she fainted while standing...

"Rimuru-chan?" Shizue called her but Rimuru didn't respond.

Open!

Rimuru's eyes blinked signifying that she's now conscious.

Turning to Shizue, "Shizue-san? I didn't notice you were here. Did perhaps gained a stealth based skill?"

Heh! Did she lost a few seconds of her memory from eating Shion's cooking.

"What are you talking about Rimuru-chan? I was talking to you a few seconds ago about Shion-san's delicious cooking!" Shizue said with a confused look on her face.