Chapter 48: The First Contract II

"MOM!" Ruby and Yang yelled in horror as Taiyang brought his fist down on Summer's head like a hammer striking a nail.

But before Taiyang's fist could hit Summer a crimson orb suddenly appeared above her head blocking Taiyang's blow stopping it dead cold.

Bang!

"Nice one Rias! You've improved your range where you can form those destruction orbs of yours!" I said in observation and excitement from Rias' improvement on her technique, as the latter gave me a proud grin while putting up a V-sign.

Looking back at the street below, Taiyang stared at the crimson orb that Rias created in surprise and confusion in which a distraction that Summer took advantage of as she jumped back next to the black haired woman whose eyes were focused on Rias.

"You're getting rusty Summer." The black haired woman said looking back at Summer.

"Seventeen years of retirement will do that to you, Raven." Summer sharply replied with a twitching eyebrow.

"But I guess it's a small sacrifice to pay if it means I can protect Ruby and Yang from him." Summer added with a sigh.

"I sacrificed something as well..." The black haired woman named Raven sighed sadly getting a confused look from Summer as the latter anxiously waited for Raven to finish her words."

"My Yang time..." Raven finished with comical tears forming at the corner of her eyes.

Ok, that one right there caught me off-guard.

"There, there daughter-complex-san..." Summer said as she consoled the woman that she considers as a sister in all but blood.

This is embarrassing to watch, like seriously! Good thing only Rias, Akeno and I are the only one's that could hear them due to our superhuman senses.

"Oi! Are you two gonna fight or what!?" I yelled making the two gladia-women below jump in surprise, barely dodging a powerful wild swipe from Taiyang's fist.

"STAND STILL MY LOVE! THIS WILL ONLY HURT FOR A SECOND!" Taiyang roared which was ignored by the two women.

"Rias-san, please you gotta help them!" Ruby said in a pleading tone.

"..." Rias' was to put a hand under her chin while adopting a concentrating look on her face making Ruby and Yang anxiously wait for her response while flinching occasionally whenever an attack from Taiyang comes dangerously close to either Summer or Raven.

Akeno who is standing on my left looked on with smile on her face, having an idea on what's going on Rias' mind.

To be honest I may have an idea as well, based from what I've seen from her so far since meeting her again.

"Grrr! Where wasting time! If you don't want to help them then I'll do it!" Yang angrily said as tried to jump down to the battle going on below.

Tried being the keyword as Yang was stopped by Rias who pulled her back and wordlessly jumped down below, followed by Akeno.

Landing on the ground Rias looked back at Ruby whose staring wide eyed at her. "Don't be mistaken, I'm only doing this because it reflect badly on me if I failed my first contract, so consider this as freebie Ruby-san." Rias said as she looked away from her and approached the ongoing battle.

...Did she just tried to pull off a cool moment? If so, then good news for her because these two girls near me are looking at her in awe.

_________________________

3rd Person POV

"GAH!" Taiyang roared in pain while holding a stump that used to be his left arm.