Chapter 64: To the town of Axel!

After carving up the body of the Rajang, or what was left of it, James and his party went on to continue in escorting the two strangers out of the forest and bringing them to the Town of Axel.

During their trip, James quickly noticed something in the atmosphere that felt uncomfortable.

*crunch*

James and Ozpin's faces both made an unnoticeable twitch at the crunching sound of the leaves that are being crushed under their boots.

'This is awkward.' James thought, making sure to keep his eyes dead ahead.

'Why is everything and everyone so quiet!? Gods, it feels like I'm about to walk into an ambush!' Ozpin thought, darting his eyes towards James in an attempt to establish a silent conversation with the marksman.

Seeing that James was too focused on escorting their guest, Ozpin took a deep breath and spoke.

"So... Tell us about yourselves." He said, breaking the silence while turning to the two strangers, getting stares from the group while doing so.

[You know... I expected that to come from Ruby, not from this guy.] Cortana mentally remarked with a dull look on her face.

'Come on, give the guy some slack. He's probably dying on the inside after that, you know?' Y/n replied before deciding to humor the silver-haired man.

"I'm Y/n and she's..." Y/n introduced himself while gesturing towards his companion, "Cortana. And you three?" She asked.

"Name's Ozpin." Ozpin replied while gesturing to himself.

"James." James replied curtly, turning back to the dirt road ahead.

"And I'm Glydna, which Y/n here knows for some reason."

"Wait. Your name's actually Glynda!?" Y/n exclaimed with a shocked look on his face. Seeing the confused looks he's getting from everyone he explained. "I only called you 'Glynda', because your face greatly resembles someone that I know that is also named Glynda." He said, getting understanding 'ooohh's' from the three adventurers and a confused one from Cortana.

He mentally celebrated at his on the spot BS, much to Cortana's shock. [Wait. That was all made up!?]

'Uh-huh.' Y/n mentally replied before turning back to Ozpin when the latter asked him something.

After a few hours of walking and taking down couple of monsters that tried to attack them, the group had finally reached the edge of forest.

"Ooohhhh, we made a killing today!" Glynda cheerfully said while carrying a large sack slinged over her shoulder that is filled with monster parts that they had gathered from the monsters that tried to attack their group.

"Please tell me that wasn't intentional!" James said while also carrying a large sack on his own.

"I don't think anyone would care even if it was!" Ozpin laughed, seemingly not to notice the sack slinged over his shoulder being almost twice as big, compared to the other two.

"Tell me, why are those two not helping us with this?" James asked, causing Y/n to raise an eyebrow.

"Because, I wasn't the one who insisted to grab those monster parts after we killed them." Y/n retorted, causing James to turn towards Cortana, who tilted her head.

"I'm cute." Came Cortana's answer, much to Ozpin's and Glynda's amusement.

Y/n and Cortana continued following the three, passing a few traveling merchants, much to James and Glynda's relief, as they could lighten their load by selling their loot, whilst keeping the other rare monster parts to be sold at Axel where they could sell them on a higher price.