Magical Stone

As she glanced at the covered instrument, she knew that under that cloth would be something she'd feel ambivalent at. As she took the cloth off the instrument, there revealed a grand piano in the center of the room. Opening the lid she caressed the dusty keys of the piano. But she knew that pressing one key would just bring her adversity. 

Enticing as it seems, she refused to take the bait and grabbed the cloth unfolding it and placing it back on top of the piano and covered it fully. She managed to stop herself from doing something reckless. She chuckled on her own actions and briefly sighed. 

As she turned her view to the exit, someone leaned on the door sideways. Someone she'd least expect to see. The boy stared at her from the distance asking her why she'd stop. She sighed and replied in an unadorned tone. 

As they both stared at each other, their eyes showed different expressions. For one's expression was repudiated and regretted, the other was despondent and discouraged. Neither of them knew what was happening, nor as to why things had to go this way. But one thing is for sure for the both of them. That things will never be the same as before.

~~~

Kohaku and [Y/N] sneaked outside their hut at night to the said treasure chest. The magical stone, Platinum, was said to revive all of humanity from petrification. Kohaku took the metallic outer shell and there revealed another shell in a shape of a round sphere. 

As Kohaku was about to make a punch on the stone, [Y/N] halted and ceased her.

"In the event that we act nonsensically, the guards would hear and capture us",  [Y/N] whispered crossing her arms. Kohaku tilted her head and glanced at the top of the tree. [Y/N] glanced behind as she heard weird noise coming their way. 

The sounds were similar to those of the toy rats. [Y/N] saw them coming and called out on Kohaku to help her get them. As they got the toy rats, [Y/N] glanced at a familiar experiment on a tube, "Silent bombs" she sighed. Kohaku wondered what she meant, "You mean those explosive thing?" she asked. [Y/N] nodded her head, "Though they don't really make sound",  [Y/N] shrugged.

Kohaku drilled into the stone to place the bombs, but as she was drilling the sound echoed through the air, alerting almost everyone including the guards. [Y/N] sweated clenching her fists. Hearing someone making a loud noise above, Kohaku and [Y/N] began to drill.

As they drilled on the stone, [Y/N] figured the tubes herself. Senku who was talking on the earpiece knew that [Y/N] would figure it out herself first. "Sulfuric acid and Anhydrous Calcium Sulfate. Let's first place the tubes with sulfuric acid on the holes we drilled and then mix them with a slight of the powdered substance then. Once it creates a white mass, we plunge this wedged seal on top and forcefully push it down and wait for things to get chummy", [Y/N] explained as she was working. 

They managed to break the layer and inside there lies a glass bottle filled with-

"Gold dust?" [Y/N]'s eyes  widened as she saw the sparkling stones in great amounts, "Who could possibly have it kept here?" she muttered. 

Kohaku glanced at [Y/N] and at the gold dust inside the jar, "It's from Senku's father" she replied as she went down and tried to grab it. Right when she took a hold of the jar, it broke and the dust were flowing out. 

[Y/N] headed down and ripped part of her lower dress and grabbed a huge amount of dust on the cloth and wrapped it to secure the dust and placed it inside the toy rat. "You do the same, Kohaku", she suggested. Kohaku ripped her clothe and did the same thing. 

"That was gold? I thought it was platinum", Kohaku asked as they walked back to where Ginro and Amaryllis are. [Y/N] glanced at a small piece of gold dust, "Hm. It could've been mixed with platinum",  she flicked the dust of gold off her finger and glanced at her way back. 

Kohaku glanced at her before averting her glance.

Morning rose, [Y/N] and everyone else headed out and heard people murmuring. [Y/N] flinched as she could feel something off. She glanced at the people talking and there she saw a statue of a person tied up to a trunk. 

Kohaku and Ginro followed behind and was shocked to see their companion tied up. As Kohaku was  about to launch into fight, Ginro stopped her, "Kohaku keep it together please" 

"Somewhere amongst all of you there may be an intruder. Which means now we have to flush this person out", The minister implied a sinister smile on his face as the candidates shattered the statue to pieces. "You've got to endure it" Amaryllis stopped Kohaku.

"The candidates are breaking the statue as they please...", [Y/N] muttered and got close to Kohaku's ear. "Can you shatter him to pieces cleanly?" she whispered as Kohaku settled down and stepped forward as the minister called her name. 

Kohaku took a deep breath and jumped right into action, shattering the statue into pieces and breaking them apart. As she was finished, she headed back towards Amaryllis and the rest and pulled out a thumbs up.

"We'll send the pieces to Senku and the rest through the use of the four wheeled toy", [Y/N] suggested. They delivered the pieces bit by bit.

"Who was that guy?" [Y/N] asked as she dusted her clothe. Kohaku glanced at the rats going out, "He's Ryusui, one of our companions in the kingdom of science", Kohaku replied smiling. 

"Hm, let me guess... No one really suggested him to be revived but Senku insisted" [Y/N] chuckled. Kohaku was shocked at the response, "Exactly what happened", she pointed. "Is he someone really known in your century?" Kohaku asked. 

"Ryusui Nanami, Heir to the Nanami Conglomerate. An accomplished sailor who lived a wealthy and lavish lifestyle"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you all have a wonderful day today and everyday!  Always smile! Labs y'alls~

Total Words Count: 1025