Competition

On the day of their competition, Mina met an accident.

~4 hours before the Competition~

"Mina-chan!" [Y/N] ran towards the girl who was lying down the hospital bed. 

"[Y/N], I am so sorry. I couldn't play with you on the competition" Mina sat up immediately as she saw [Y/N] walk inside along with Senku and Saionji. 

"The competition doesn't matter right now. How is your body?" [Y/N] worriedly sat next to Mina.

"The doctor said my wrists and arms got fractured. Luckily, I am still alive" Mina explained.

"Just focus on regenerating", [Y/N] worriedly sighed.

"You've been anticipating on this event, [Y/N]" Mina was saddened.

[Y/N] stared down and sighed, "I can just call it off", [Y/N] muttered. Senku stared at [Y/N] who's keeping it togther.

"But [Y/N]-" Mina was interrupted. "It's fine. As long as you're fine, that's all that matters right now", [Y/N] smiled.

They waved goodbye as Senku, Saionji and [Y/N] went back to the competition to call it off "I'll go and talk to one of the staffs, I'll be right back",  [Y/N] went off and looked for a staff to call of their competition. "

Excuse me" She called a man towards her as the man was about to enter a room "Yes? Do you need anything?" The man asked politely. "Ah yes! I would like to speak to the manager? There's been a sudden accident of my partner in playing today's competition, and I have to call mine off" She explained the situation while they were walking towards the manager who was busy at the back stage. 

"Hello, I am one of the representatives, and I would like to call my performance off. There's been a sudden accident with my partner, and I won't be able to play the competition without one" [Y/N] looked at the man and told him her reasons. "Wait!" A voice then caught [Y/N]'s attention.

"Saionji?" Saionji came running towards the two 

"I'm here. I'm her partner"

[Y/N] was shocked. "Then I don't see why you have to cancel it, right?" the manager smiled.

[Y/N] was confused and left the room with Saionji. 

"Saionji, what was that? You know you can't do that", [Y/N] raised an eyebrow.

"I can play the violin", he clenched his fists, "You were waiting for this competition was what Mina said. So, we can't just cancel it", Saionji gritted his teeth. 

As [Y/N] sat down the seat and Saionji stood up, they both had cold feet of excitement. [Y/N] glanced at Saionji who was shaking, "Saionji?" she worriedly called his name. "I'm fine", he smiled. [Y/N]'s eyes were widened. [Y/N] sighed and played in a fervency tone. Skills as such along with Saionji amazed the audience. "Woah.. That girl seemed to be an expert at such young age!" Senku heard the people murmuring behind, next and in front of him. [Y/N]'s family sitting at the very front, had their hopes up.

[Y/N] glanced at Saionji who was also calmly playing the violin. She smiled-

"I wasn't anticipating because I wanted to play the piano"

"But rather I wanted to play with someone on the stage"

~~~

"The winner for today's duo competition is"

Two team contestants stood on the stand in front of the whole crowd.