Chapter 24

Ruhi sat with her eyes shut, her lips moving in prayer, as she joined her hands. Her lips turned up in a peaceful smile, her eyes shining with joy.

A frown appeared on her lips, while her eyes settled on the platter that held the laddoos as her offering to the god. She was pretty sure, before her prayers the platter was double or what it was now.

Confusion marred her face while she gazed at the platter. Where did the laddoos disappear?

"What are you thinking child?"  She heard a booming male voice coming from the huge shivling in front of her.

Her mouth opened and shut, eyes wide in shock as she gazed at the shivling, God was talking to her? She wondered, blinking rapidly.

"Uh.."  her words failed to leave her mouth, as she continued gazing, not able to digest the fact, that god himself was talking to her. "What are you thinking so much about? I am the god. And yes I am talking to you." The loud booming male voice said again.

Bheem bit back a laughter, as he sat behind the huge shivling, a paper rolled in his hand, that helped him making his voice reverberate throughout the place.

His eyes lit with mirth, a teasing grin on his lips as he took another ladoo, in his hand, licked his lips and began munching on it.

Food was life, and laddoos were his favorite.

"Balikey I am very happy that you had brought me this laddoos. I am very pleased. From today on  you should everyday get me a platter." The voice boomed again, making Ruhi's brow crease in confusion. Since when lord shiv began loving laddoos?

She wondered confused scratching her head. "I am the god and you are ignoring me?" Bheem boomed louder, pretending to be angry. While he bit his lip, trying to stop the string of laughter that wanted to peel through his lips.

She raised her brow, curiosity marring her face, while he bit back a chuckle, enjoying his latest prank. And laddoos had just sweetened the entire ordeal.

"Oh mighty lord Bheem step out before I decide to call mata and give you another kind of prasaad." Yudhisthir's voice was laced with mirth, though his words sounded strict and commanding, amusement was dripping through his words, while he walked up to Ruhi.

Bheem bit his tongue, a look of horror marring his face. Ruhi watched with wide eyes as Bheem tumbled out from behind the shivling.

Making Ruhi bit back a giggle, as Yudhisthir fake glared at him. His hands folded on his chest, a perfectly shaped eyebrow raised in question.

"What were you doing behind the shivling Bheem?" The elder brother asked, his face, a careful  mask not revealing anything to anyone.

The younger brother spluttered, "I was just taking a look around, how weather is behind the shivling... " His excuse faded off, making Yudhisthir bite back a chuckle as Ruhi giggled away.

Seriously weather? What kind of an excuse was that even? He wanted to kick himself. "And the laddoos must provide good weather sensing skills right?" Yudhisthir teased, his dark orbs shining with mirth.

The younger pandav bit his tongue, mentally cringing about getting caught in the act of stealing. "Say sorry Bheem. We are guests here, you shouldn't trouble girls like that. " Yudhisthir chastised, his words calm, and steady.

Bheem nodded and turned to Ruhi, "I'm sorry that was very mean of me." He said, eyes lowered, Ruhi smiled a tinge of sadness touching her heart, "no worries. Here have this. This are all for you. " She said, her heart lightened seeing the second pandav smile at her like she had gifted him  the world.