Chapter 8

Ruhi looked around the room that Krishn had assigned as hers, she was in awe with its, beauty.

"Do you like it?" He questioned as he wrapped his arms around her waist, his chin resting on her shoulder as he whispered the words in her ears making her heart thump in her chest

"Do you like it?" He questioned as he wrapped his arms around her waist, his chin resting on her shoulder as he whispered the words in her ears making her heart thump in her chest. "Yes. It is beautiful." She whispered, her eyes fell on a statue that was kept on one of the tables, her heart thundered in her chest as she looked at it.

"This is lord Krishn isn't it?" She asked in almost a shocked whisper as she pointed at the marble statue, Krishn nodded, his eyes focused on hers as he looked at his girl, he gave her a hesitant nod, tears filled her eyes as she moved out of his ...

"This is lord Krishn isn't it?" She asked in almost a shocked whisper as she pointed at the marble statue, Krishn nodded, his eyes focused on hers as he looked at his girl, he gave her a hesitant nod, tears filled her eyes as she moved out of his eyes following her moments.

He watched as she took hesitant steps towards the statue, her heart beating wildly in her chest as tears filled her eyes. Her hands trembled as she extended one of her hands and touched the feet of the statue, Ruhi felt similar sparks run up her arms, the ones that did when she touched Krishn, tears filled her eyes as she joined her hands and offered him her prayers. Krishn's eyes shut on their own accord as he felt her hand touch his feet, the familiar sparks zapping up his body making him smile. He knew how significant his statue was her. "Do you know my mother was a great Krishn devotee, she once told me that she after great penance had once met Krishn and he had blessed her with a biggest blessing." She whispered, her eyes stung as her vision blurred as the memories of her mother began to run through her mind, making her heart thud painfully in her chest,as the images of her mother flashed through her mind, the last time she had seen her mother, in a pooja.

Krishn sighed,he didn't say anything

Krishn sighed,he didn't say anything. "Though she never told me what blessing she had received from Lord Krishn, I asked her often but she would always say I am her biggest blessing. Typical mothers you see." She whispered with a watery laugh as she looked at the statue, memories after memories from the past was being unlocked as he looked at the statue. "My father for some reason always hate Lord Krishn, after my mother's death, he removed all the statues from our house and tore all the holy scriptures that my mother would read, burning them till they were nothing but ashes. She would always tell me so many stories of his childhood and his adulthood. But my favorite was the one where lord Krishn had given the piece his soul, his soulmate to one of his greatest devotees as a boon when she asked for a child. My mother said this story is not known by many, do you know the story?" She asked as she turned around, her innocent eyes looking at him, his heart throbbed as he looked at her innocent face that had his heart throbbing in his chest, he knew that story? His heart jolted with pain, that story had been the reason for all his pain and the separation from his beloved, his very soulmate, who stood right in front of him, she who was the piece of him but she didn't recognise him. He gave her a watery smile as she of pain flooded his chest, "I know it you ask? That story is the biggest reality of my life." He whispered as he looked at her, his heart thrumming in his chest as he looked at her. She was confused, "What do you mean?" She asked, he smiled at her, "in time you will understand everything." He whispered as he pressed his lips to her. "Will you tell me the story of his soul?" She asked as she looked at him, her eyes pleading to him silently as she pouted, he gave a watery chuckle and nodded as he pulled her towards the bed, he sat with his back against the headboard as she lay her head on his thighs. Her eyes looking into his as he ran his hand through her long tresses, caressing them, massaging her scalp making her sigh in relief as he took in a deep breath trying to collect the strength to tell his Ruhi the story of her separation from him, the day he, the almighty lord Krishn lost his soul.

"In a deep forest far away from all the people and cities sat a woman, she who was a great devotee of lord Krishn, penancing so he would come and bless her. Krishn had known from the very beginning what she wished for, hence he tried to do all that he could to prevent that from happening, but fate tied his hands as his devotee passed through every test that he sat up, her devotion to Krishn was pure, she just desired a daughter that held the piece of Krishn's soul, who was his soulmate. His devotees  intentions were pure, but not everyone's was, she had asked him to not visit her daughter,till her daughter called herself Krishn." He whispered, his voice dripping with pain, as his heart throbbed recalling how he had tried everything to keep his Ruhi safe,to keep her with him but Valandhara Singh,Ruhi's mother and his greatest devotee had been adamant that she would care to the best of her capacities to her daughter, that Ruhi will be happiest with her. He didn't doubt her, Ruhi was happiest with her but once she died, her husband had made the life of Ruhi a living hell.

"Krishn must have been really hurt from the separation of his soulmate, wouldn't he?" She questioned innocently, making his watery eyes meet hers, she looked at him, her heart thundering in her chest as she looked at him. His heart ceased to beat, the pain very much still lived in him, "he was destroyed." That was the only was Krishn could remotely explain the agony he had felt on her separation. "Did they become one again?" She questioned, he smiled at her painfully, "They will." He promised as he looked at her in the eyes, she turned her head as she hugged his waist, her face hidden in his stomach. He wrapped his arms around her as he pulled her up, his hands going around her waist as her head rested in the crook of his neck, her close proximity reducing the pain that he felt, that he experienced that day, she was lucky enough to forget that pain, that separation but he, he had no such blessing, he had to live with that pain everyday, live knowing that he could see her, could hear her but could never touch her or talk to her, the eighteen years of torture that he had been thorough without her was something he could never explain in words, her heart hammering and shattering in his chest, making him feel like he was slowly dying everyday, he could hear her get beaten, could hear her cries of pain but he could nothing. His heart had been torn into pieces, his every breath had been a torture, a god could do anything for their devotees and he had set the biggest example by his sacrifices, to keep his one promise to his devotee, he had died a new death everyday in the past eighteen years. Valandhara though had good intentions loved the wrong man, Ruhi's father never really loved his wife but Valandhara loved him greatly, her love had cost Krishn his love,she always willed that someday Ruhi's father would change his way, she died trying and Ruhi was left to deal with that monster, but no more, no more would he ever let that monster so much so look at her, he sighed, as he gazed at the girl sleeping in his arms, his girl, he kissed her forehead, his Ruhi, his soul. . .

****

DO VOTE AND COMMENT!

****