Chapter 20

"You coming home?" Ruhi asked dusting her lehnga while she stood up, Kanha smiled, his charm shining through it.

"No. I have to meet Radha. She's angry." He said, almost whining. Ruhi giggled her eyes shining with amusement.

"Why is jiji angry on you?" She questioned gazing at him, he huffed before the charming smile returned. "Because I didn't go to meet her yesterday."he stated sheepishly.

Ruhi huffed, squinting her eyes in mock anger. "Hm that's really really bad. Why would you do that?" She asked looking at him. Krishn wanted to chuckle, seeing her dark eyes squinting at him, instead of looking scary she looked like a cute kitten trying to be intimate.

"I know but I had some important work. But for now come let me take you back home." Stated Kanha, holding his hand out for her to take, she gazed up at him and back at his hand.

She smiled, "no you need to go meet jiji. It's bad to keep the person you love waiting." She stated, gazing at him.

He nodded gazing at her, this was one thing that he loved about Ruhi, the most she understood him better than he did himself.

Ruhi nodded while she picked up the doll and moved away, Krishn's flute's melody reaching her ears while she walked away.

The sweet enchanting melody reaching her ears, while she walked out of the forest.

She turned around once gazing at his shadowed figure, sitting in the tree, playing flute. . .

***

***

"Ruhi where have you been dear?" Yasoda asked as Ruhi walked in the house, "Just playing." Ruhi answered, her cheeks tinting red while she walked in the house.

Yasoda smiled gazing at Ruhi, though Ruhi was Nand's friend's daughter, she was more like a daughter of her own. 

A smile spread on her lips, gazing at Ruhi, the poor child had lost her mother at a very young age and father was a spy of the king and hence was required to be under cover most of the time and keeping Ruhi, with him was too dangerous.

Nand had offered to keep Ruhi with him, and ever since she had been with them. Yasoda smiled, gazing at the little girl, she was a daughter that Yasoda had always desired.

"Maiya should I make some laddoos?" Whispered Ruhi sitting beside Yasoda, who sat smiling. "Ladoo? Did I hear the word ladoo?" Balram stated walking in, a smile on his lips while his eyes twinkled with joy.

"Yes Ruhi is making them." Yasoda said as Balram ran in the kitchen, "My laddo is the best!" Balram said with a huge smile on his face.

"That all is fine but where have you been." Yasoda asked sternly, pinching his ear twisting them.

"Maiyaa uh ahh it hurts!" He exclaimed as she pulled her ear sharper, making him whine. Ruhi giggled.