Chapter 19

"Kanha! " The sweet baritone of the little girl fell on his ear, he grinned broadly, mischief twinkling in the dark orbs, that mesmerised everyone.

The soothing cool wind blew through the lush green forest, the smell of wet soil tickling his senses making his soft pink lips turn up in a charming smile that had everyone dazzled.

So Ruhi was here, searching for her doll. He wanted to chuckle, the girl couldn't stay away from her doll for even an hour, what was it with girls and their dolls? Always together.

His chain of thoughts snapped as the melodic sound of her anklets reached his ear, the leaves crunching under her little feet as she ran around searching for him.

He bit back an amused chuckle that wanted to slip. Search Ruhi, search. I'm always around,the question is if you can find me.

He was tempted to go out and meet her, but than again annoying her was more fun.

He could just imagine her little cheeks flushing red while she glared at him, with those dark orbs that managed to knock out his breath every time.

After all it was not everyday one could see Ruhi annoyed. The girl was difficult to rile up, always calm as a sea.

She always preferred to stay in shadows, trying to stay invisible and away from any attention.

He chuckled, she really thought that she was invisible, silly girl.

The natural fragrance of Ruhi reached his senses making him breath deeply.

He thought, Come on Ruhi seek me out.

Joy bubbled in his chest as he could feel her drawing closer.

The wind picked it's pace, as though laughing in amusement with him.

"Kanha! Give me my doll." Ruhi whined, calling out loud, her voice bouncing off the green forest, her voice was breathy from all the running she did.

Her doe shaped dark eyes looking around, the thick branches of the trees obscured her vision of the lake, where she knew he must be sitting, like always.

This boy! Why did he always take her dolls? What's so amusing about it? She could never understand.

She marched up to the lake grumbling about having to walk all the way here to get her doll, in this hot summer afternoon.

Heat wafted off the ground, sweat beaded on her forehead making her sigh. Her mouth felt dry,  while she gulped trying to ease the dryness but in vain.

The cool wind wafted off the lake felt like heaven on her heated skin.

Her eyes fell on the beautiful blue water of the lake, that glistened under the golden rays of the sun making her smile.

She gazed around noticing the soft green grass. That surrounded the lake, little wild flowers growing around.

A smile appeared on her face, while she gazed at the thick forest around her.

A calmness washed over her, there so something serene about the forest, she always felt calm around the forests, where she could really relax and forget about everything.

Her gazes settled on Krishn, a smile appearing on her face.

She didn't know what it was but the moment she saw him her heart eased, she felt calmness that she couldn't put in words.