Chapter 23

"Ruhi listen!" Krishn called out for what seemed like the tenth time, or was it twelve? He wasn't sure. The girl had been ignoring him, since morning.

"Ruhi won't you talk to me? Your best friend?" He asked, faking sadness, while his gaze settled on the girl ahead of him, who sat on his bed, folding his clothes.

She bit back a smile, listening to him, the adoration that she felt for him was unlike any other.

"Friends don't put each other in trouble. You had me grounded on my birthday." She complained, she wasn't really angry, but he did get her in trouble.

A playful grin teased his lips, well he did do that, didn't he? His dark eyes met her ebony ones, that squinted at him, making him smile sheepishly at her.

"I made something for you." He stated, his voice ringing with excitement, he knew she will forget all her anger once she saw the gift.

She looked at him through her lashes, curiosity shining in her dark orbs, while she pretended that she wasn't really interested.

Gazing around the room, she pretended to be disinterested. The dark mahogany windows were open, letting in the cool air, that had the dark red curtains fluttering.

Next to the window was a portrait of Krishn and Yasoda, showing the mother and son bond. A smile on his face, while he hugged his mother.

The rangoli in the center of the room, caught her attention next. Her and Radha had painted it there on the floor, a smile spreading on her lips, her dark orbs tracing the intricate design that weaved a picture on the floor.

What a beautiful day it had been, spending time with Radha jiji was probably her favorite activity of all time. Her thoughts, her love for Krishn was something that Ruhi admired.

Different colors and designs merged together, creating a peacock feather, with his infamous golden flute. It almost looked real, with the marble white background.

A plush soft dark blue carpet rested at the foot of the king size bed, that had the blue canopy, the blue and white duvet covering the dark blue sheets on the mattress with many cushions.

A dream catcher that she had made for him a while back hung over the wall behind the bed like the central piece.

Next to the bed were two dark nightstands, that held the candle stands and oil lamps

Followed by her earrings and some knick knacks that she often forgot in his room.

Her gaze moved on to the book collection that was held in the shelves, rows and rows of books sat proudly in the selves, some fat, some thin. Next to it was  a writing area, where his floor table was kept along with mattress and cushions, making a comfortable sitting area.

The ink pot and the quill resting on the top of the table, with a few letters and scrolls haphazardly arranged here and there.

The window beside it providing enough light. The movement of Krishn caught her attention.