Chapter 33

Ashwin blinked his eyes open, groaning at the pain at his hand, that was now a pulsing with a vengeance.

"Son!" Jarasandh exclaimed sitting beside him, his face a mask of shock and relief. Worry and dread had been his constant companion since his son was unconscious.

His son was his everything, he loved him more than anything in this world. He was the one reason he thrived on.

"Pitashree." Ashwin said sitting up, hugging his father, who sighed, running his hand through his son's hair, rubbing his back.

"What had happened son? How did your hand get burned?" He asked, gazing down at the bandaged hand, Ashwin thought about it, one moment he was tugging her hair, the next his hand was burned.

Did Ruhi?

No, no.

How can she do something like that? He along with everyone knew, that girl couldn't practically hurt a fly, hurting a human was the furthest thing.

Than how did his hand get burned?

It has to be that insolent man! That traitor Krishn!

He is the one who does this sort of black magic, and because he was hurting one of Krishn's followers so decided to use Ruhi as a weapon, making him think that it was Ruhi who burned him, so he will hurt his fiance!

Ashwin's fist clenched, that rascal thought that he could misguide him? That he will hurt his Ruhi?

That he will separate them?

Never!

He will never let that bastard win! Ruhi will never be punished, she will never be speparated from him.

"It was Krishn and his black magic." Voiced out Ashwin, Jarasandh growled, flipping the bedside table, as he stood up roaring in anger.

"Vasudev Krishn! You dared mess with my son? I will kill you!" He growled, pacing the room, Krishn rolled his eyes gazing heavenward.

He had lost the count of how much people threatened him, but so far, not one had succeeded in their vain efforts.

He gazed at Ashwin, he was surprised by the man's delusional thinking.

Ashwin really thought that he would play this petty tricks to separate him from Ruhi?

Ruhi was never his to begin with.

"Where is Ruhi?" Asked the prince, his eyes scanning the room.

Disappointment thrummed through him when he didn't find her around.

"She is in her room. Don't worry son, everything is fine. You just relax and recover." He smiled at his son, rubbing his shoulders, gazing at him.

Ashwin nodded laying back, shutting his eyes, soon he would meet Ruhi, soon. . .

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Krishn couldn't stop the soft grin that spread on his lips, gazing down at his sleeping girl. He wished for a moment, the time froze, and he could be around her without any questions and complications.

A heavy sigh left through his lips, the soft caress of the wind playing with his hair, sitting beside her, he took her hand in his.

Her small delicate fingers lacing with his bigger, rougher ones.

Squeezing them closer, he sat there.