Chapter 37

Shaking away the thought, Krishn blinked away the tears. His lips kicking up in it's graceful smile.

Ruhi just gazed at him, "How?" Was all she could utter. How do you do this all alone? How do you be your own motivation?

How in the heaven do you alone handle everything?

How do you be so strong and never fall?

How are you so brave? How are you so amazing to love everyone equally, though we each hurt you one way or another?

How do you love so selflessly and so completely without a condition? How? There were so many questions that swirled in her mind.

That wanted to fall off her lips, but she felt too overwhelmed to say anything. Like the words had disappeared in her throat.

Gazing at him, the ever present and the ever loving man, she was speechless.

What do you say to someone who was just so... There were just no words she could fond to describe him.

Kind, didn't do the justice, loving seemed too small of a word. Caring, just didn't sum it up.

The way Krishn loved, was beyond human comprehension, and understanding.

One could not just sum it up, a father who did everything good in their child's life.

In every child's life, who gave pain, even with the intention to make them stronger.

Krishn's lips moved up in a serene smile, his eyes, were dark soft pools of kindness.

"I love, and that's my strength." He summaried softly, six words that practically answered every question of Ruhi.

He held his arms out to her, she gazed at his open arms, and than, back up at his face.

Feelings thrummed through her, overwhelming her in a tornado of emotions.

Wrapping her arms around his waist, she hid her face in his nape.

The warm feel of his skin against her cool one, had butterflies swarming in her stomach.

Her palm rested on his chest, over his heart.

A comforting silence descended over the two, Krishn pressed his lips on her forehead. 

Soothing calmness had washed over him, caressing his soul, in the longest of the times he had been alone, gazing around the world he lived in, it felt so isolated without her.

Gazing down at her, he tightened his arms. Pressing his lips on her forehead,  he just held her.

"So finally you agree that I am the best man alive?" He teased, humour lacing his words, and just like that she broke in laughter. 

Her musical giggles filling the air, he beamed proudly down at her.

"Not in a next million years." She snorted playfully,

"Is that so?" He asked, raising a brow, amusement sparkling in his dark orbs.

She nodded, biting back a smile, "In fact I think Ashwin was such a sweetheart.  You know how much romantic he was." Whispering playfully, her eyes taking a mischievous tinge, she ducked from his arms, facing him.

Amusement lighting her face.

"Is that so?" He repeated, his voice a darker tinge making her step back, he took a predatory step towards her.

Her heart skipped, excitement and humor sparkling in her dark orbs, tugging him closer, mesmerizing him.

"He would sing poetries for me." She added, her voice taking on a fake dreamy tone, biting a giggle that wanted to slip through her lips.