Chapter 39

A scream tore through the peaceful silence of the forest, nearly crippling Krishn.

It is ironic, how he thought that all this while he would be ready when the moment came.

His heart threatened to shatter. The overwhelming pain pumped, his breathing hitched.

"HELPPPP!" The loud wail of a man filled the forest, his hand wrap around Ruhi's waist pulling her closer.

"Seems like someone needs help Kanha." Urgency and fear laced her words, his hand enveloped her, interlacing his fingers with his.

A tornado of emotions tore through him. He wanted to turn, sweep her in his arms and leave.

Never turn back. Never ever get back here. The images of all those lives he created havoced through his mind.

Souls that he created. Gave birth too. Some hated, some loved, while others just didn't care in general.

But they were his. Could he abandon them? Tears stung in his eyes, his gaze settling on his girl, who was gazing at the forest, worry marring her features.

Memories after memories of them together, swirled in his mind. His heart was tearing in two halves.

What sort of cursed fate was this? Why did he have to choose between his heart and soul?

Why?!

The time seemed like sand, slipping through his fingers. The tighter he grasped, the faster it slipped.

"Krishn Vasudev Yadav!" The gritty male voice wailed, his heart clutched as he watched the man stumble out of the treeline.

Crashing on his knees, blood pumping through his every body part. Krishn felt his girl stiffen beside him, a gasp leaving her mouth, before she rushed beside the man trying to help him.

"I surrender to you. I beg for your protection. Whatever I did, I lay it in front of you. I surrender. Save me, my lord." He gasped, with trembling hands, joining them tears tracing down his eyes.

Krishn stiffened, his jaw set. Pain roared through his heart. A surrender of his soul at his feet. Asking for salvation.

A sinner choosing to turn to righteousness, asking for one true chance.

The question remained, will Krishn Vasudev Yadav give up the very essence of his soul to save the soul of a sinner?

His eyes moved on Ruhi, his salvation. And back at the man, who was her destruction.

To save a soul that dark, a purest piece of him. Fates way of keeping the balance of the world.

Krishn gazed back and forth, it seemed like an eternity of agony, but it was hardly a second.

He moved towards the man, "Don't worry, you are safe with me." He assured, his voice offering kindness, sealing Ruhi's fate.

Sealing his fate.

A destiny of centuries of agony. And just as he had expected, a hermit broke through the foliage of the trees.

Krishn's heart hammered, every breath seemed impossible, a bone deep ache reverberating through him, knitting an ache deep enough to tear him.