Chapter 42: Not so beach fun

After days of lounging on the beach drinking piña coladas, our week in Florida was quickly coming to an end. It was our last day here and we had just finished with the couples massage at the resort's spa. The smell of eucalyptus filled the steam room as Killian and I sat in the hot tub.

"So Princess, what do you want to do on our final day here?" Killian asked as our masseuse set down two cups of tea beside us. 

I laid my head back on the rolled up towel that was placed behind me. "Hmm" I thought out loud. "Lets just go to the beach and then have dinner downtown" I responded. I figured ending our trip in the most simple way was best. "We can try some foods from lesser known, more local places!". I always felt that the best place to get to know an area and it's people was through food. 

"Sounds good doll" he responded as he reached for the cup of tea and took a sip. 

Once back at the hotel I quickly blow dried and curled my hair as Killian sat on the patio, staring out at the ocean. I'll be honest, I was skeptical when Killian told me that he wouldn't be doing one ounce of work during this vacation and i'm surprised to say that he kept his word. He brought his laptop "just in case" but it's still sitting in his backpack, untouched. 

I heard the door to the patio open as I finished spreading sunscreen on my face. I walked out of the bathroom with the bottle of sunscreen as Killian was coming back inside. 

"Can you help me?" I asked as I held out the bottle and he grabbed it, motioning for me to turn around. I lifted my shirt up and I heard as he opened the bottle and squeezed the sunscreen into his hand. I smiled as I remembered yelling at him our first full day here because he put the cold sunscreen directly on my skin. 

"Whats so funny?" He asked as he rubbed the product in. 

"Nothing" I giggled. 

"I swear Loren, if you're thinking about the other day.." He trailed off and spun me around to face him. One second later he was rubbing the cold sunscreen onto my chest causing me to jump.

"KILLIAN!!!!" I yelled pushing him away, "Thats not funny!!!". Killian stood in front of me with a straight face and at that second I knew I was in trouble. His eyes travelled down to my bare chest where he had smeared the cold lotion and back up to my face before he broke out in a fit of laughter. 

"I can't tell if you're cold or excited to see me!" He joked as I looked down at my hardened nipples. God, what a freaking idiot. 

"Oh so funny" I said sarcastically as rolled my eyes and rubbed in the remainder of the lotion. I turned around to grab my swim suit from the suitcase but before I could take a step, a warm hand gripped itself around my neck and another around my waist, pulling me backwards into what felt like a wall. 

"Watch the attitude, Princess" he growled into my ear, using his thumb to tilt my head upwards. 

 Seriously? Watch the attitude? My skin prickled at his touch but that didn't stop my face from getting beat red. I felt like steam was coming out of my ears like in the cartoons. I took my hand and gripped it over his, forcing it off of my neck. 

"Don't touch me," I mumbled as I proceeded forward to grab the white bikini. I didn't dare bother turning around to face him. I had no desire to see what he looked like right now. All I knew was that this was the first time I had ever stood up to him like this and i'm sure this was the first time anybody had ever spoken to him this way. I just wasn't in the mood. It was that simple. 

I decided on a blush pink dress to wear over the bikini and threw on my straw hat. I slipped on my white sandals and walked out into the room. "Lets go" I tried to say as confidently as I could as I opened the door to the hallway.