Chapter 56: Blues and Clues

Killian's POV

Matteo and I sat on the golf cart as we watched Loren settle into the cell. 

"He has no idea there's a camera in there?" I asked Matteo knowing Wesley had been down there long enough to find it by now. 

Matteo shook his head in response. "No, it's hidden behind one of the stones. Even I had a hard time finding it". 

I nodded my head and continued to listen as Loren asked where they were. The moment I watched Vince grab and drag her into the cellar, I regretted it. I regretted ever agreeing to her plan and regretted every person who chose it. We were supposed to just have her go down there and question him, not have her thrown in there like some prisoner. 

"I do have guilt". I listened as she whispered.

"I keep breaking promises to myself. I promised myself that I would stay away from men after an abusive relationship and then I fell in love again with nobody else but an abusive man."

An abusive man? Matteo chuckled beside me at that statement. He knew how tightly Loren had me wrapped around her fingers. I could never lay a hand on her in that manner. 

 "I promised myself that I would become successful but instead I leached onto this new found rich boyfriend and took his credit card. And now, here I am. The rich boyfriend betrayed me and threw me in here. For what? I have no idea." 

I couldn't help but chuckle at how she mentioned the credit card that she so adamantly declined. Wesley still had no idea who Loren was and she was careful not to drop any hints too soon. She wanted to gain his trust, his pity first. 

I shifted in my seat as Wesley told her that she was locked up by the mafia and was likely going to be tortured by them. No way in hell the mafia would hurt her. 

The second Loren revealed her name, Wesley's head shot straight up. I watched as Loren watched him intently, her body stiffening as she was finally able to see him, face to face. 

Outside of the barn Romeo rounded up the horses and brought them back to their stalls. I watched on the screen as he entered the cellar, bringing plates of food to the cells and dropped the bomb. 

"Looks like you are getting to know your new neighbor well. You'd be surprised to learn just how much this rat knows about you, Stronza." 

My heart beat in my ears as I listened to him call Loren that name. I knew that this was all planned by her and that they were all acting, but the word and Loren just didn't fit in the same sentence together. 

Loren watched Wesley eat and soon after slid her food under the metal. I raised my eyebrow as I listened to her peace offering. This wasn't part of the plan. 

"What is she doing" I grumbled. My face twisted at the thought of her helping the person who played a part in her disappearance. 

"Earning his trust" Matteo concluded but I knew Loren better than that. She felt bad for Wesley. She was too kind to let such any person starve, even the person who could've been responsible for her almost dying. 

After twenty minutes of Loren pushing Wesley for answers, he finally opened up. 

"The boss kept you at the Port of London in one of his warehouses. He was the only one allowed to see you because he wanted to torture you himself". 

"I don't remember being tortured" Loren mumbled and he responded instantly. 

"You dont call being tied to a chair with a bag over your head for days torture?".