Chapter 45: Family Matters

My eyes slowly opened to the sounds of birds chirping. The sheer white curtains danced as the wind blew through the cracked doors giving me peaks of the blue waters.

Killian laid behind me with his arm wrapped around my waist. He groaned and shifted in the bed as I tried to get up to use the restroom. 

"Where do you think you're going" he grumbled sleepily as he tightened his grip around me. 

"I need to use the bathroom" I whispered and tried to lift his heavy arm off of me.

He pulled his arm back and turned over in the bed as I got up. "What time is it?" He grumbled again.

"12:49" I responded as I looked over at the white clock that hung from the wall. 

"Shit" he cursed as I was walking away. 

I flushed the toilet and went to wash my hands as Killian came into the bathroom, going straight to the bathtub that could've passed off as a small pool. I watched as water poured into the large tile tub from 3 different spouts from different sides of the tub. Killian poured in some pink bath salts mixed with dried flowers and the room started to smell like roses. 

"Aren't we supposed to checking out today?" I asked remembering that yesterday was our last day here. Killian nodded his head in response. "Okay so shouldn't we be leaving? They're going to charge us".

Killian stood up after he poured soap into the tub and cocked his head and smiled. "I highly doubt that", he chuckled. 

"What do you mean? It's already almost 1, we should've checked out by now" 

"Loren, I own the place".

Why was I not surprised. This man owned the most random things from high end apartments to a small ice cream shop. I shouldn't even be surprised anymore. 

Killian chuckled as he pulled me over to the bath, pulling me in. I sat in between his legs as he massaged a sweet smelling oil into my shoulders. I laid my head back onto his chest and he kissed the top of my forehead. 

My eyes teared up as I started at the faucet in front of me, a small droplet of water jumping into the pool beneath it every second. I turned around in the pool and straddled Killian's legs, mine to either side of him. 

"What's wrong?" His golden eyes studied my face as he wiped a tear that had escaped the corner of my eye.

"Nothing, I'm fine" I lied. "Honestly" I lied again.

"Are you sure?" His voice rose along with his eyebrow as if he didn't believe me. 

"I'm sorry about what those assholes did to you. Had I known they would've acted like that... I wouldn't have let it go on for so long. I failed you".

"Let it go on?" I questioned

"It was just a game right? I figured I would let you have your fun, blow off some steam."

"Yeah" I whispered

He grabbed my face with both of his hands and pulled me into him. His soft lips captured mine in the sweetest, most gentle kiss he had ever given me. Almost like he was sealing his words.

Once he released his hold I looked at him dead in the eye, the tears still running down my face.

"I'm sorry" I whispered again

"Doll, stop. You have nothing to be sorry for. You do not apologize for what those shit holes did to you, do you hear me?" 

I nodded my head in response and we finished our bath.