Chapter 52: Meet the East's

Loren's POV

It was our last night in New York and Killian and I were preparing for dinner with his parents while Emma  and Adam went on a date. Val had miraculously found Emma's dress and also sent her a gorgeous pair of black pumps and a pair of sparkly earrings. 

Melissa had flown home last night as she had to prepare for school to start up again after break so it was just the two of us getting ready.

"Are you nervous?" Emma asked as she applied her foundation. 

"Yes but no, i'm nervous to meet his father and his siblings but I'm more nervous for him. I know that this is a tough topic for him and he hasn't seen or talked to his family in years". I sighed as I lined my lips. "how about you?" I asked about Emma's date with Adam tonight.  

"Yes!!!!! Are you kidding me?? This guy is like the total package." She paused and stared at herself in the mirror. "I haven't really been this excited or nervous for a date in.... a long time." She sighed. 

Emma lived here in New York City and was always out and about, meeting new people. She would date a person for a week or two and then call it quits because she got bored or just didn't see potential in them. She needed somebody to match her energy, somebody to keep her driven. That person was Adam. 

I rubbed her shoulder as I assured her that tonight would be fun for her and she did the same to me. I wasn't exactly sure if I would use the word 'fun' to describe the discussion to come, I was just hoping that it would be civil. 

We finished getting ready and walked out into the main room where Killian and Adam waited on the couch. As we walked out Adam's face lit up like a little boys' on Christmas morning. 

"Wow Em you are absolutely stunning!!!" He exclaimed as he stood up and rushed over to her while she blushed and giggled. Emma did a little twirl for him and he whistled and poked her with one finger, quickly drawing it away and yelping as if she was on fire. 

I walked over to Killian who was focused on his phone, only looking up when I stopped beside him. 

"Are you ready?" I asked as I sat beside him. 

"Always" he sighed as he put a hand on my thigh. "You look beautiful".

I thanked him and offered a small smile as I placed my hand over his. "Let's go" I stood up and offered him a hand. 

We all entered the elevator and once to the Lobby parted ways. Emma and Adam walked out to the front where a driver was waiting while Killian and I walked out to the parking garage. Once in his small black sports car we were weaving in and out of traffic towards a popular streak house, the car filled with a tense silence. 

Once we arrived I stepped out of the car and my black slacks flowed in the wind. My heels clicked on the sidewalk as I pulled my coat tighter around me.

"I'm glad we're here" I whispered as I grabbed Killian's arm and we walked in side. 

"I can't say I feel the same" he mumbled as we walked through the restaurant, stopping at a large table where his family was already sitting.  

His father sat at one end of the rectangular table and to either side of him sat Killian's mom and sister, his brother next to his sister. 

"Nice of you to join us tonight Son" His father greeted us as Killian pulled the seat next to his mother out for me. Killian sat opposite from his father. 

"Thank you all for flying out here on such late notice" Killian responded. 

"Well, when you haven't heard from your practically estranged older brother in almost ten years, your ears perk up when you hear he's called. Quite unfortunate that the only thing that would get him to talk to us is that fact that Daddy is sick." His sister snarled.