Chapter 63: Meet Me at My Office

Loren's POV:

"Hi Doll" Killian's voice poured from through the other end of the phone like caramel.

"Ian?" I quietly questioned as I rubbed my eyes, my vision too blurred to make out the name on my phone screen.

"Yes love, I'm sorry I hadn't called sooner. My father has kept me quite busy." He chuckled on the other line. My heart fluttered at the sound of his pure voice.

M"I was worried" I whispered and he just chuckled in response.

"No need to worry about me, Doll. I'm the one worried about you"

"I just miss you" I closed my eyes and pictured his face "Can we Facetime?" I asked.

After a few seconds of silence, a green button appeared on the screen and I quickly slid it across to accept.

On the screen was a very exhausted Killian. His hair fell loosely over his forehead. The dark circles under his half closed eyes contrasted against the green and golden luminescent orbs.

"My beautiful girl" He mumbled and instantly my stomach was full of butterflies. "I've missed your face" He continued and I closed my eyes.

"I've missed you too" My voice was soft and quiet, dragging on the ends of each word.

"I'll be home soon Doll, I promise."

My eyes relaxed as the sound of his voice became hushed, soothing me back to sleep.

"Goodnight darling, I love you" He whispered once again before the other end became silent besides his shallow breaths.

I woke up the following morning with my phone in my hand, dead. I turned over in bed and hurriedly plugged my phone into its charger to see if what I remembered from the prior night was a dream or not.

A gentle knock on the bedroom door caught my attention and I pulled the bedsheets off of myself to see who was there. When I opened the door George was standing there, practically hidden behind a vase of delicate peonies.

"I have a delivery for you my dear" George gleamed as he stepped into the room, eventually plopping the vase and a large gift bag down on the table in front of the fire place. "Would you like some breakfast Ms. Richards? Maybe some tea? Coffee?" He asked and I smiled as I shook my head. George always knew how to make me feel at home.

"No thank you George, but I'll be downstairs soon. I'll find something then."

With that he smiled, nodded, and left the room. I sat down at the sofa and admired the beautiful flowers, their scent already making their way into my nose. The end of spring and beginning of summer was always my favorite time of the year for one reason; peonies.

Sticking out from in between the rounded blooms was a small envelope. I plucked it from its spot and opened it to find a hard piece of paper with a gold border.

My office, 7 PM. You'll find everything you need in the bag.

- K

I threw myself back onto the sofa and giggled like a school girl who just received a note from her crush. I couldn't help but break into a fit of smiles, feeling giddy. I was finally going to see my Killian for the first time in three weeks.

I pulled the gift bag over to me and pulled the tissue out. I reached in and my hands wrapped around a shoe box. After pulling it out and removing the cover, a pair of sparkling heels peeked out from the tissue paper. I pulled them out and the brilliant crystals reflected the sunlight with every slight movement.