Chapter 12: Sir

Killian's POV

The soft sound of rain drops hitting the windows woke me up from my deep slumber. Groggily rubbing my eyes, I swung my legs over the side of the bed and walked to the bathroom to prepare for the day.

Looking in the mirror, the stubble on my upper lip and jaw were begging to be shaved; my dark brown hair a tousled mess. After brushing my teeth and shaving, I decided to go downstairs and get some work done before Loren woke. The sky was barely illuminated by the rising sun.

I walked out into the hall and immediately the soft sounds of soft, bell-like rings made its way to my ears. I made my way to the top of the stairs as the sound of the soft melody became clearer. My eyes landing on her sitting at the large black instrument. Her eyes were closed and her brown waves cascaded down her back. Her petite fingers flowed across the black and white keys of the piano. With every gentle press a soft and warm note was produced, all joined together into the most beautiful song I had heard.

I leaned on the railing, and took in every note, feeling every piece of emotion given off by the beautiful pianist in my living room as she coaxed the soothing melody from the instrument.

When the song finished a minute later, she opened her eyes and jumped slightly when she saw me. Her eyes scanned over me, taking in the view of my bare chest and abdomen. The only thing I wore were my grey sweats.

"Sorry, I should've asked you before I started playing" She spoke, her voice being the only thing more beautiful than the song she just played.

"No need to apologize love. You are incredibly talented, when did you learn to play?"

A soft smile grew on her lips. "I took lessons a long time ago as a child but stopped when I was in the 6th grade. My annual talent shows were during the holidays when family would visit us. Now I only really play here and there when I get a chance".

I nodded my head as I walked down the stairs, smiling as I imagined her as a child joyfully playing songs for her family. "Sounds like fun, are you still able to hold your talent shows? You might have one extra attendant this year" I winked.

Giving off a soft giggle Loren responded. "No, our family doesn't really gather anymore. Not since my grandparents passed away and my parents got a divorce. Besides, nobody really lived close to each other anymore". Her smile slowly faded as she spoke.

"I see," I sighed as I sat next to her on the bench. "Well, I will always make time to listen to you play."

"Thanks," She chuckled and looked up at me with glossed over emeralds. The sun was now higher in the sky, illuminating the white clouds that blocked its rays. It was strange that she was awake already after our long night.

"Did you sleep okay? I wasn't expecting you to be up. The sun has barely made its daily debut".

"Mmm sort of, but I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep so I decided to explore around" Her voice held guilt and sadness. "But I didn't go beyond any closed door, I promise. I mainly just walked around down here and in the kitchen!"

"Bad dream? And, if you wanted a tour of the place you could have just asked me" I gently nudged her, a smirk forming on my lips.

"Kind of, I don't know. Anyways, your home is beautiful but it was clearly designed by a man. Everything in here is either black, grey, or white!" She giggled.

"Well that makes sense since I was the one who designed it"

"You need some personality in here, its so cold"

I chuckled at her comment. I liked the decor. It was modern and clean. Nothing too messy. Life was too busy and complicated already, I wanted to come home to something that kept my mind clear.