Chapter 70: Vivian

Loren's POV

I rolled over in bed to the sound of the shower running. Beside me the bed was warm but empty. I moved towards the middle of the bed where the sheets smelled like Killian.

"You're going back to work already?" I questioned as Killian stepped out of the shower.

He looked over at me when he heard me speak. "Shit, sorry doll I didn't mean to wake you." He apologize as he wrapped a towel around his waist and dried his hair with another. " but yes, it'll be a quick day. I've been gone for so long I feel bad spending another day away."

I quietly humphed in the bed as I continued to watch him get ready. My eyes started to droop shut again but stopped when I noticed a large purple and blue spot on Killian's back, similar to the one I had noticed on his chest last month.

"What happened to you?" I spoke up but he didn't seem to hear me.

I waited until he came back out from the bathroom until I asked again. "Killian," I started, "what happened to your back?".

"What?" He asked as he walked towards me, buttoning his shirt and eventually tucking it into his pants.

"Your back" I repeated, "there's a huge bruise on it.."

"Nothing Doll, I was just messing around with my brother a while ago and bumped into something."

I raised my eyes at his response. The bruise was huge, it didn't look like just a bump. Before I could question his response he leaned down to me and left a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Go back to sleep love, it's too early for you to be up."

Well, I was still three hours ahead on Florida time but I guess he was right. "Ok" I sighed and pulled the sheets back over me. "Have a good day." I shut my eyes and smiled when Killian left another kiss on my head and quietly walked out.

It wasn't until noon when I woke up again. It was another warm day in Seattle and the sun shined into the bedroom. I decided to dress myself in a sage green skirt and white crop top. I pulled on some white leather sneakers and grabbed my purse before walking out the door. I was going to surprise Killian at his office with some coffee.

Edward opened the door for me once we arrived at the cafe and I hurried inside to order him and Adam coffee. Once those were ready I returned to the car where Edward had stayed.

"Ready, Ms Richards?" His English accent laced each word with grace.

"Yes Edward, thank you" I smiled as he pulled out from the spot. I hadn't seen Edward in a while, Killian or Adam had been driving me around most of the time in the last few months.

Once we pulled up to Killian's building, I stepped out, staring at the silver letters that hung above the large glass door.

E&J Enterprises

I smiled when I read the letters, knowing that it stood for East and Johnson. I walked up to the elevator and swiped my card that Killian had given me shortly after we started talking. Once the elevator door opened I walked out and greeted Val who looked up at me with wide eyes.

"Oh Ms. Richards, Mr. East wasn't expecting you" her voice was rushed and she stood from her chair.

"Oh it's ok Val I'm just bringing him and Adam some coffee. I'll be quick" I smiled at her and started to walk past her desk but she stepped out from behind her desk.

"H- he's in a meeting!" She blurted and I stopped in my tracks. "Mr. Johnson is free though, I'm sure he'd love to see you"

"Oh ok I see, I'll go see him first then! Thank you Val" I smiled and walked back to the elevator. Wow, first day back and already in meetings.

I knocked on Adam's door and walked in with his coffee in my hand when he opened the door.

"Oh! Hey Loren, I wasn't expecting to see you today" he spoke with the same rushed tone that Val had upstairs.

"Yeah I woke up and thought I would bring you guys some coffee" I handed him his cup.

"Oh my gosh you didn't have to do that" he grinned as he took a sip. "But thank you. I take it you haven't brought yours to Ian yet?" He glanced down at the extra cup in the tray.

"Not yet, he was in a meeting when I got here"

"Oh yeah" Adam nodded. "Well come, make yourself comfortable" he waved his hand at the grey couch with a TV in front. His office was so similar yet different from Killian's.

"That's ok Adam, I think I'm gonna go back upstairs and see if Ian's still in his meeting" I went to turn but Adam quickly spoke up.

"No need! He was actually going to come down here once his meeting was over anyways so you can just wait here instead of his lobby!"

"Oh.... Ok" I eyeballed Adam who seemed a little nervous. I walked over to the couch and set the coffees on the table before sitting down and started to scroll through my phone. I listened as Adam started typing on his computer. Such a weird day.

About fifteen minutes later the door to Adam's office opened. I looked up in its direction but reverted my attention back to my phone when I heard heels clicking against the hardwood, figuring it was an employee.

"Adam!" The woman squealed as if she was just seeing Adam for the first time in Years.

I looked over in her direction again realizing that she was not an employee. She wore a skin tight red skirt suit that sat just above her knees. Her hair was chocolate brown like mine and her eyes were crystal blue, contrasting against the dark hair and fair skin.

"Vivian" Adam spoke flatly and stood from his desk. I remained on the couch watching the encounter, trying to rack any memory of who Vivian was.

"I figured I'd stop by after paying my sweet Killian a visit" she stepped forward to give Adam a hug and he reluctantly followed, patting her back with a single hand.

Is this who Killian was in the meeting with? Is this why everybody was acting so weird to see me? Why did she just say 'my sweet Killian'?? I caught Adam's eye mid hug and he just rolled his eyes.

"How have you been? Have you found a girlfriend yet?" She asked as she looked around the office, her eyes eventually landing on me. "Oh my god is this her?!" She squealed as she walked towards me. "Wow Adam, it's about time!" Her voice was high pitched and irritating. I forced a smile as she arrived at the couch.

"No Vivian, she's Killian's." Vivian stopped just in front of the couch and eyeballed me up and down.

"Oh," she smiled.

"Vivian I think you need to go, I'm really busy." Adam tried his best to get her to leave but she just ignored him and her red lips curled into a bitter smiler.

"I'm Vivian, Killian's fiancé."