Chapter 74: The Park

Killian's POV

I stopped in my tracks and watched as Loren sped off, running the red light that stopped her at the intersection.

"Dammit" I muttered under my breath as I stood in place. I quickly turned around in the road and started to run back towards our building where my car was. Thankfully it was just a few blocks away.

Once I got to my car I sat in the seat, catching my breath as I let the engine warm up. My heart raced not only because I just sprinted all the way from the bar but because of everything that just happened. I had fallen into one of Vivian's devious traps and for some reason, it didn't feel like it was that simple.

I pulled out of the garage and sped towards the apartment, the only place Loren could go since she was renting her house out.

As soon as I pulled into the garage, I saw the Bugatti in its spot. I stepped foot into the elevator and the slight scent of jasmine and vanilla lingered in the air. I took a deep breath in, savoring the gentle fragrance.

I wasn't sure how I was going to approach her or if I even should. She was probably too upset to talk to me or even see me. If I were in her position, I know i'd be throwing a damn fit right now.

The elevator doors slid open, pulling me into the cold and dark apartment. I looked around the vacant living room and climbed up the stairs, heading straight to our bedroom. I furrowed my eyebrows as I stared at the untouched bed.

I walked back into the hallway and opened the door to my office which was also vacant and untouched. From down the hall I heard the sound of water running, leading me to the guest bedroom. I brought my hand up to the handle but it stayed put. I cursed at the locked door knob and knocked on the door.

"Loren?"

I received no response. I knocked again and still, no response. I listened to the water running and frowned as I heard her muffled sobs, silenced by the multiple walls that stood between us.

Debating whether or not I should grab the key to unlock the door, I decided to just return to my office to do some work. She needed space.

An hour or two passed and eventually I got tired of attempting to get some work done. The only thing that I could focus on was Loren. I desperately wanted to explain to her what had happened but honestly, I had no idea what had even happened. I had no idea why Vivian was here or what she wanted.

My theory was that she had caught wind of my takeover of my fathers business which of course caught her interest, prompting her to revisit me. But something felt off here. I just couldn't pinpoint it. I leaned back in my seat and took a sip of my drink, staring at the door while halfway expecting Loren to come barging through. She never did.

Eventually I got tired of sitting around in my theories and decided to check on her again. To my surprise, the door to the guest room was slightly ajar. Pushing it open, I walked into an empty bedroom.

"Loren?!" I yelled as I searched through the bedroom and apartment. The only response I got was my own echo that rang through the halls. I called her name again as I searched through the parking garage, every single car in it's place.

I pulled my phone out and dialed Loren's number for what felt like the hundredth time tonight. The phone rang a few times and went straight to voicemail. I tried her number again and again without success.

"Dammit Loren come back here-" I gritted my teeth after I got sent to voicemail one more time. "You can't fucking leave me here like this and you can't just go wandering the streets all alone at 2 fucking AM."