Chapter 48: Be Mine

Loren's POV

I followed the burley guard into the gorgeous lobby where he led me to a single open elevator.

I stepped through the golden doors started my quick ascent up to the 70th floor of Rockefeller center.

My hands became clammy as I picked at my nails. I was nervous... something was different about this. Whenever we would go on dates Killian would always insist on picking me up but to have me come to him was odd.

Just as I took a deep breath the elevator doors opened to reveal a deserted room. In the middle of that room stood a tall figure with broad shoulders.

They wore a black suit which was fitted perfectly to their sculpted body, just barely tugging from the taught muscles as they stared out the large glass window.

His dark chocolate hair was clean cut and perfectly folded over itself. As I stepped out of the elevator he turned around to reveal my favorite masculine face. I immediately felt butterflies as I looked at his emerald eyes.

"Hi Doll," Killian purred as he stepped towards me. He held a bouquet of various pink a white flowers with various greens mixed in.

He stopped in his tracks as he looked at me starting from my hair and slowly tracking down to my feet.

"Fuck...." he whispered as he looked back up to my face. "You are stunning Princess..."

"I could say the same exact thing to you" I smiled "well except for the Princess part, that would be a little weird" I giggled.

Killian handed me the fragrant flowers but not before pulling me in for a short kiss.

"Look at you Doll, you're beautiful"

My cheeks heated up at his words which only made him curve the right side of his mouth upwards.

"Come with me," Killian held out his hand and for the first time I noticed a large golden watch on his wrist. I grabbed his hand which immediately closed around mine, pulling me forward out two double doors. He grabbed two glasses of champagne and traded me one for the flowers at the door. 

The breeze was cold outside and blew stronger than it did in the streets. I shivered from the cool April air as the sun was starting to set in the background. 

"Wow...." I whispered as I looked around at all of the different buildings all old and new.

"Right there is the Empire State Building... over there it Times Square.... there is the One World Trade Center.... and then there is Central Park" he pointed out the different landmarks as we walked around the whole building.

The sky was pink and Orange and illuminated the whole entire city. I always wondered why people say to skip going to the top of the Empire State Building and instead coming here. Now I knew why. It's because here you actually get the best view of the Empire State Building in her city, in all of her glory.

The view was absolutely breathtaking and I was silent as I took it all in, listening to the smooth jazz that played in the background.

"Loren," Killian broke the silence as he came up beside me and placed his hand on my back "I've been thinking".

Uh oh. That's either a really good thing or a really bad thing.... and I wasn't sure which one it was.