Chapter 53: Sicily

Loren's POV

I sat across from Killian as the clouds quickly passed by outside the window. Instead of flying back to Seattle we were over the Atlantic ocean headed to Italy.

Behind us Emma and Adam laughed as they watched some game show on his laptop. Their date the other night had gone really well and they hadn't even returned to the apartment until 6 AM the following day. I smiled as I felt like Emma had finally found her person.

I looked up at Killian who's eyes were glued to the screen in front of him as he typed away. Gazing out of the window I watched as the pink and orange sky turned into a deep blue.

"You should go get some sleep, Doll" Killian pulled me back to reality as he shut his laptop.

"I won't be able to sleep" I muttered as he slid his laptop into the bag.

"Well then come lay with me" His hand wrapped around mine, pulling me up to my feet and I reluctantly followed. I turned back around to see that Adam had fallen asleep sitting up and Emma was curled up beside him also asleep.

Killian led me into the dark bedroom and I sat on the bed. I grabbed the remote that was on the bedside table and turned the TV on while he removed his shirt and pants, eventually slipping under the comforter.

"No TV," he mumbled as he pulled me closer to him. "You need to go to sleep".

"I'll just watch TV until I fall asleep" I whined and tried to pull away from him but he just tightened his grip.

"You know doll, we don't have to do this... we can just make a vacation out of it."

As tempting as that sounded, I couldn't. Something inside of me felt so strongly pulled to Wesley. I had to go see him and figure out what happened. I just hoped that he would talk to me.

"No, I want to. I'm just a little nervous" I confessed. Although I knew I had to go, it didn't mean that I wasn't nervous. Every time I thought of him I was brought back to the torturous few days and the months I had spent in the hospital. All because of him and whoever it was he was working for. And as long as that person was still out there, who knew what was going to happen next.

"Okay, then let me help you relax" His voice was deep and earthy as he tried to fight off the sleep. I turned over in the bed and buried my face into his chest while he rubbed his fingers up and down my back. I let out a small sigh as I let my body relax in his hold. Before long we were both drifting to sleep at the same time and his hand eventually slowed, ending at the small of my back.

***

It was the following day and we had already been in Sicily for a few hours. Adam and Emma went to the hotel while Killian and I walked around the city. The pink gelato melted down my hand as we walked along the cobblestone street that led to the coast. The turquoise blue waters called my name, louder and louder the closer we got.

"I can't wait to go swimming" I gleamed as I pulled Killian behind me.

"I'm sure you can't doll" He stepped forward so that he was walking next to me.

I slipped off my leather sandals as soon as we approached the sand and handed them to Killian who slipped them into the large straw beach bag that he so unwillingly held. Once we found the perfect place in the sand we laid a sheet out on. Killian slipped off his leather loafers and his white cotton button down as I slipped my dress off, revealing my white crochet bikini.

"Beautiful choice doll," Killian smiled as he eyed me up and down.

"Thanks, but Val deserves all of the praise" I giggled as I sat beside him.