Chapter 8: the calm before the storm

Recap

'Amiru and Gilbert wanted to invest in tourism, because of the peace... but it won't last for long. For a better investment, they should work on a navy base. To protect themselves better... I should get Aster to join me, that way our control over the sea would be a lot stronger... I don't want them to die either.'

'Cale is a softie. Cale is a softie.' Crybaby comments, as Glutton cheers for him. When I reached the manor, Raon went to stretch with his siblings as I opened the window to think of the navy base and how to convince father.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

'Cale. The spirits have reported. They found 5 bombs, they have 2 spirits guarding them and the tailsmens are in place.' Abyss reported, as I nodded in acknowledgement, as I pulled out a map, before Abyss created a small ice lance and pointed at 5 locations. "Raon."

"Yes, human." Raon and the kittens came over to the table.

"Tomorrow, there will be 10 bombs. 5 are location object bombs, I will freeze and you will keep them in your dimension pocket, alright. There are at these spots. I want you to grab them when you sense that I have activated the mana disruption runes."

"Like those you used when rescued me?" he asked as he remembered the feeling, and I nodded.

"How about the other 5?" Hong asked me.

"they will be disguised as an object on humans. Like the artifact I have." I told them, taking the recording artifact, disguised as a brooch off my vest. "it can be anything, a necklace, bag, or jacket. But you should be able to sense it. Here is what I plan to do..." I explained that when I freeze bombs with the help of the spirits, a normal human reaction would be to take the said object off. Once they do, I plan to sent them up sky high to explode.

"Why do you want to take the other bombs, but throw these?" On asked.

"Because these would be near the mage who set them. He needs to see them explode to make him think that his plan worked. But he isn't watching the other 5. so, we can keep them, isn't it interesting to examine those mana bombs?" I pointed out and they nodded.

"Do you mean I can take one apart?" Raon asked.

"Yes. You can have one." our conversation was interrupted by a knock on the door. As the children ran off to hide. I called for them to come in. It turned out to be the Wolf beast who is finally conscious. "Take a seat." I gestured to the chair, as I pulled the map back.

"I'm Lock... I- I. I want to thank you for your help!"

"Ah. There is nothing to worry about. How about you? Are you alright?" I asked.

"I'm fine. The ointment that you gave Ron is effective to treat wounds for us beast people. And we heal faster than humans." he explained. 'which are facts I know. As I was the one who pack that medicine pouch... I'm not dumb.'

"But even ointment has it's limits, as it only works on physical wounds... I will try to make a beast man friendly potion, when I get the chance." I told him and he bowed on his seat, with his head down, like he is trying to be as submissive as possible. "Is there something else you want to say? If so, look at the person you are talking to and not the ground." I instructed, causing him to flinch a little, before looking up.

"I want to thank you for providing a place for my siblings... and you said - "

"I said that I plan to rebuild Harris Village. And I'm going to allow them to live there. You are welcome to visit. Ask that punk if you have any questions about the place." I told him. "And there is no need for a knight division of beast people. Should they want to be knights, I will get someone to teach them. I don't want children to think that their life isn't precious and fight in a war. I will provide them a safe place to grow and learn. To do whatever they want. But not to turn them into personal knights." I told him up right, as if he is going to mistake and think I want more knights, he got it wrong. I do want allies, but I don't want children to fight, no child should have to go into war... no one. Not even the punk... but fate is never on our side.