Chapter 62: Towards the City of Death

When Tasha arrived at the humble looking village, which became the main home base for the heroes of Roan. What she wasn't expecting was that the person she was going to pick up was the rumored trash. The trash which flipped the Roan Kingdom's noble trust. As he caused the 2nd prince to fall from their rights to the throne. They are related to the sole archduke of the kingdom.

And currently the said person is napped on a sun chair with 2 kittens by his side and a small little boy with black hair, also napping at the other's side. Out from the main house, walked out another group holding boxes and equipment.

"Are you the one sent by the Crown Prince?" the caramel haired young adult asked her, as she currently hides her identity as a dark elf.

"Yes. I'm the one who is going to guide you."

"Very well. We were waiting for you. The carriages are already prepared."

They lead her to the carriage up front as the elderly butler with one arm went to wake the sleeping redhead. The lady just watched the redhead rise from his nap, before he told the children surrounding him something and followed the butler.

"You do not need to hide your form miss. No one is going to judge if you prefer to be in your real form instead of hiding under magic."

Cale told the lady who just boarded the carriage. Cage was already at the village, after Cale called for her to come along, promising alcohol for her help, which she accepted. She boarded the other carriage, with the twins, the dragons, Aster being the driver. While Ron, Beacrox and Dame Felicia were with Cale, the kittens and their guest.

Once they were inside and the carriage started moving, Miss Tasha took her disguise off, as Cale allowed her to. Cale took a quick look at her and determined when Mieko said that elves were beautiful, they really were.

"I'm surprise. Not many human are indifferent to creatures of the dark."

"Well, we are all living creatures aren't we. We shouldn't discriminate what is different. If you don't go superiority complex on me, then I do not care."

Cale emotionless-ly answers her, as he grabbed a pile of notes and started looking through them.

"Don't you want to know what the Crown Prince is up to?"

"not really. What he does is none of my business. And I plan to keep it that way."

"Even if he were to constantly pull you back in?"

Tasha asked with a smirk.

"Well, then I will squeeze him dry."

Cale retorted referring to scamming the latter our of a lot of money, when he currently have more than both his family and the royal family.

He is being very successful at that, there were a couple of small conversations, before they either reached a campsite or a town. The process was a repeat of process for the next few days until they reached their destination.

--

Click. The carriage door opened with a small noise.

"The heat is no joke."

The dry breeze rushed through the outfit that was tailored for use in the desert. It was still hot even though the sun was setting.

"Young master-nim, would you like a cold lemonade?"

"No need. Shouldn't you be resting?"

Cale asked the still one armed assassin, who claims to return to his duty to serve him. But he still accepts the lemonade, as it was hot even when he was fully radiating Abyss's cool air. He had even handed his usual cloak to Cage.