Chapter 63: City of Life

Puff. Puff. Puff.

The process repeated with everyone falling onto the cotton and getting back up. They all had the same reaction as they got up.

"Wow."

Meeeow!

"Wow."

Everyone was awe by the sight of the underground city, but Cale was just bored as he wants to get the damn item and leave. But looking at how Tasha was going to be advertising her home. They would most likely not be able to leave for a few days.

Tasha was happily chatting with the guest, when she saw some Dark Elves approaching them.

"Long time no see!"

The three Dark Elves started to run after hearing her voice.

"You punk!"

"You didn't send us a single letter for 5 years and then you just pop up with a, 'long time no see.'"

Two of them berated Tasha, while the third respectfully greeted Cale.

"Nice to meet you. I will guide you to your residence."

"Shawn, long time no see!"

"Please follow me."

Tasha came and greet Shawn,who just ignored her.

"Aww, come on Shawn. Are you mad at me?"

"Do you have luggage? If you do, we will transport it for you."

He flat out ignored her. Cale smirked before responding to Shawn.

"We do not have any luggage. Please lead the way."

Shawn quietly observed Cale, who was smiling gently.

"...I heard you were a noble, please feel free to speak informally."

"Sure. If you don't mind."

Cale was not one to reject such an offer. But wait till they see how blunt his tongue is.

They were lead to the Dark Elves' stronghold, otherwise known as the City of Death. They could see more clearly once they entered into the city. There were even more reasons for them to be shocked.

"Isn't it more developed than most cities?"

Tasha asked the group with a proud expression on her face.

The city was pretty developed, such that it was at the level of most large cities in the Raon Kingdom. However, Cale did not respond to her statement. He was busy looking at something else.

"there are people here too."

Tasha continued to smile.

'I see.'

They saw other Dark Elves as soon as they entered the city as expected, but there was approximately 1 human for every 10 Dark Elves.

The Land of Death was one of the 5 forbidden Regions. It was said that nobody who went into the Land of Death made it back alive. Their deaths were said to have made the sand as red as it was. Some people even thought that the curse of the necromancers led people to die in the Land of Death.

Cale just smiled at the sight. As he understands both side to this relationship. As Dark Elves who are always running, can't help, but help humans who are also running away.

"I guess this means, I need to take over that territory quickly."

He added, which made Tasha snap to him, as she had a feeling she know what this person was planning to take over. It was either the village which they departed from or the Dubori Family.